none
Little help needed with deploying office 2010

คำถาม

• Hi,
    I need a little help with deploying office 2010. On all my clients i have office 2003 32-bit installed and i want to use sce 2010 to deply office 2010 64-bit. It works fine when i manually delete 2003 on the clients and then run the update. I can't seem to get the installation parameters right to silently remove office 2003 and then install office 2010. Not with the setup.exe /admin tool and/or sce 2010. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
    Richard

17 มีนาคม 2554 12:07

คำตอบ

• Hello Richard,

To deploy office 2010 with SCE 2010, you can follow the instructions in the below articles:

Deploy Office 2010 by using System Center Essentials 2010
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff404177.aspx

Administrators use the Config.xml file to perform installation and maintenance tasks for Microsoft Office 2010:

Config.xml file in Office 2010
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179195.aspx

The Setting element supports the REMOVEPREVIOUS property. This property removes the specified application from the installation and uses the following syntax.

<Setting Id="REMOVEPREVIOUS" Value="Option Id" />

where Option Id is the identifier value for the Office 2010 application. To specify multiple applications, use a comma-separated list to indicate the appropriate Option Id values.

If you specify REMOVEPREVIOUS with an Option Id value, only the specified applications are removed.

If you do not specify REMOVEPREVIOUS, any previously installed Office applications for which a replacement is being installed are removed. This is the default behavior.

If you specify REMOVEPREVIOUS with a blank value (REMOVEPREVIOUS=""), no applications are removed.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Yog LiModerator 25 มีนาคม 2554 9:54
    21 มีนาคม 2554 8:59
    ผู้ดูแล

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hello Richard,

To deploy office 2010 with SCE 2010, you can follow the instructions in the below articles:

Deploy Office 2010 by using System Center Essentials 2010
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff404177.aspx

Administrators use the Config.xml file to perform installation and maintenance tasks for Microsoft Office 2010:

Config.xml file in Office 2010
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179195.aspx

The Setting element supports the REMOVEPREVIOUS property. This property removes the specified application from the installation and uses the following syntax.

<Setting Id="REMOVEPREVIOUS" Value="Option Id" />

where Option Id is the identifier value for the Office 2010 application. To specify multiple applications, use a comma-separated list to indicate the appropriate Option Id values.

If you specify REMOVEPREVIOUS with an Option Id value, only the specified applications are removed.

If you do not specify REMOVEPREVIOUS, any previously installed Office applications for which a replacement is being installed are removed. This is the default behavior.

If you specify REMOVEPREVIOUS with a blank value (REMOVEPREVIOUS=""), no applications are removed.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Yog LiModerator 25 มีนาคม 2554 9:54
    21 มีนาคม 2554 8:59
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Hello,

I have Office 2003 Pro 32 bits and need to upgrade Office 2010 Standard 32 bits. Removing previous version during the installation of Office 2010 Standard only match same suite and at the end I keep having Access for exemple.

Is there a way to fully uninstall Office 2003 Pro using setup.exe /admin or config.xml ?

What is the list of "Option ID" ?  <Setting Id="REMOVEPREVIOUS" Value="Option Id" />

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Christophe

26 กรกฎาคม 2554 9:39