none
Console Tasks - Multiple parameters

问题

• Hi everyone,

We've been having some trouble regarding printing job tickets off for our engineers. The print option does not show everything we need to see and is not customizable.

Next we looked at making a custom report in the SRS but as this picks data up from the data warehouse there is between a 30 minute and 2 hour delay of the latest information being fed into the report. This is no good as our engineers sometimes will update a call and then print it off to take with them for the day. I don't think they wil be too happy with a 2 hour wait before they can set off :(

We are hoping to go paperless eventually but right now that isnt a possibility.

Next I looked at the possibility of powershell, but read that I need to have smlets installed on all pcs that will run the task, which is not possible due to restrictions in our new windows 7 environment and the fact that smlets will not install on my pc (error message saying that my processor does not support this). a colleague has looked at this and said this is because smlets is 64 bit. is there another version? i have looked but can't find anything.

Another suggestion someone gave me is querying the live database, but so far i have been told that we cannot do this as it will put extra load on the server.

So finally i get to the point - sorry!!

I have created a console task that takes the insert property parameters and runs a vbs script which pulls the parameters out of the incident, dumps them in a csv, merges this with a word document, prints and closes the word document down.

This works a treat - however if i have a parameter that could contain multiple values such as affected config items or action log comments, it does not feed each of them into the mailmerge, but gives me the choice on which config item i want to include. I can just about get away with this for config items but am having the same problem with action log. Our engineers need to see all action log entries when they go out, not just pick one.

Anybody got any ideas of how i get round this?

I am still trying to sort out access to the live database but our go live date is very close now and I might not have time to get this up and running.

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Kendle :)

2012年2月22日 8:12

全部回复

• To manually install SMLets you use this guide:

http://blog.scsmsolutions.com/2011/08/install-smlets-on-server-without-console

http://www.scsmsolutions.com/ freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

2012年2月27日 11:21
    版主
  • My PC does have the console installed. However we only have 32 bit pcs so I still can't install it the service desk PCs.

Also I really don't know where to start with the powershell script - this is all very new to me.

Is it possible to get the script to run from the server instead of client pcs? and also any pointers on how to get started with a script would be great. As a complete powershell novice I am currently googling and going though a lot of trial and error to get things to work :(

2012年2月27日 16:33