none
OSD Error

問題

• We are trying to build an HP Z620 workstaion using a Windows 7 x64 Professiona SP1 image. 

The 64 bit drivers for the network card and stroage have been injected into the boot image and distributed to all DP's.  A new boot media CD has been created for the x64 boot image with the relevant drivers.  When we boot from the CD, the setup process starts but very quickly fails with the following error message

File: \Windows\System32\Drivers\iastor.sys
    Info: Windows failed to load because of a critical system driver is missing or corrupt.

The iastorA.inf driver has been injected into the boot image (copied to the CD) already and the driver files are in the driver package on the distribution point.  Has anybody encountered this before?

Many thanks

Pam

2012年10月27日 上午 11:30

所有回覆

• The iastorA.inf driver has been injected into the boot image (copied to the CD) already

Huh? copied to the cd? did you use the CM console to add drivers to boot image, then redist the boot image (or generate a new boot media)?

this sounds like you have not got the winPE storage driver/settings correct.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

2012年10月27日 下午 10:00
  • Yes the boot media was created through the console after the drivers had been injected into the boot image and redistributed to the DP's.

I don't see why it is displaying an error referencing the iastorA.sys when the inf file for this driver is already on the boot image which the CD contains.

2012年10月28日 上午 08:50
  • there are quite a few search results for this error, but the first one I checked, matches the first thought I have..
    http://verbalprocessor.com/2008/11/25/iastoresys-status-0xc0000359/

are you sure you have selected the correct driver and architecture, for import into the image?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

2012年10月28日 上午 09:56
  • Thank you for the link.  I can understand the point you are making, but I have definitely imported the x64 bit driver into the boot.wim image and created the boot media using this same x64 boot image.  I have also checked the driver in SCCM and the applicability settings state Windows 7 x64 for the iastorA.inf file that has been injected into the boot image.

The other thing we checked was the BIOS settings and they can either be set to RAID + AHCI or IDE.  Currently the are set as IDE.

Also, as this is a Windows 7 build, the option “Select the mass storage driver within the package that needs to be installed before setup on pre-Vista operating systems” within the task sequence is not checked.  I have also double checked the storage driver within Device Manager for a HP Z620 and this also lists the iastor.sys as the driver.

2012年10月28日 上午 11:31
  • Hi , 

i have the same problem, i also did everything you mentioned. strange thing is everything goes fine until the first start of windows 7. but when i look at the drive the OS is still on the drive letter D and C is claimed by the System partition. 

i also added the OSDPreserveDriveLetter = false step, but nothing helps ..

2013年11月22日 下午 02:25