none
SharePoint 2010 - missing server side dependencies and missing web parts

คำถาม

• I did a clean SP 2010 install recently on a new server farm.  I got a health analyzer warning about missing server side dependencies - a lot of them - and missing web parts ... then I installed the August cumulative upgrade and got a clean configuration but an erro log with, again, a list of theoretically missing web parts.  I don't see any issue with features or functions but-- even after reading the posts- am unable to figure out (1) whether this is important or (2) how to fix it -- please note that my test server shows none of these issues - the only difference between test and prod is that test is completely vanilla and production uses a named instance of SQL Server ... Thanks so much for any advise ... Pete

[excerpt from health analyzer]

[MissingWebPart] WebPart class [baf5274e-a800-8dc3-96d0-0003d9405663] is referenced [25] times in the database [SharePoint_AdminContent_56f555d4-4209-4eec-9d6d-a65f77f0e435], but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this web part. One or more web parts are referenced in the database [SharePoint_AdminContent_56f555d4-4209-4eec-9d6d-a65f77f0e435], but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these web parts.

[Post cumulative upgrade error log excerpt]

[OWSTIMER] [SPContentDatabaseSequence] [WARNING] [10/7/2010 10:37:23 AM]: WebPart class [53151e66-1f43-e802-2dde-f459d09d97be] (class [Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.SiteDocuments] from assembly [Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c]) is referenced [1] times in the database [MySites_Content], but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this web part.
    [OWSTIMER] [SPContentDatabaseSequence] [INFO] [10/7/2010 10:37:23 AM]: SPContentDatabase Name=MySites_Content
    [OWSTIMER] [SPContentDatabaseSequence] [WARNING] [10/7/2010 10:37:23 AM]: One or more web parts are referenced in the database [MySites_Content], but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these web parts.
    [OWSTIMER] [SPContentDatabaseSequence] [INFO] [10/7/2010 10:37:23 AM]: SPContentDatabase Name=MySites_Content
    [OWSTIMER] [SPContentDatabaseSequence] [WARNING] [10/7/2010 10:37:23 AM]: WebPart class [0d4b1d70-e64f-2bcb-422f-fece31adcfec] (class [Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.TaggedUrlListWebPart] from assembly [Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c]) is referenced [1] times in the database [MySites_Content], but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this web part.
    [OWSTIMER] [SPContentDatabaseSequence] [WARNING] [10/7/2010 10:37:23 AM]: One or more web parts are referenced in the database [MySites_Content], but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these web parts.

tcpetey
    8 ตุลาคม 2553 15:46

คำตอบ

• Hello tcpetey,

Seems the webpart “baf5274e-a800-8dc3-96d0-0003d9405663” is related to Search. Is search working fine in your SharePoint farm?

Please try to deactivated the "SharePoint Server Standard Site features" and "Search Server Web Parts"  Feature on site collection level. If this doesn’t help, what happens if you delete the search service application and create a new one.

Based on my experience, this is not that much harmful to your farm if Search is working fine currently.

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Aaron Han - MSFT 16 ตุลาคม 2553 3:52
    15 ตุลาคม 2553 7:57

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hello tcpetey,

Seems the webpart “baf5274e-a800-8dc3-96d0-0003d9405663” is related to Search. Is search working fine in your SharePoint farm?

Please try to deactivated the "SharePoint Server Standard Site features" and "Search Server Web Parts"  Feature on site collection level. If this doesn’t help, what happens if you delete the search service application and create a new one.

Based on my experience, this is not that much harmful to your farm if Search is working fine currently.

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Aaron Han - MSFT 16 ตุลาคม 2553 3:52
    15 ตุลาคม 2553 7:57
  • You can also  try these steps . They took warnings away but not sure if they will come back or not .

1. Goto Central Administration page’s General Application Settings tab.
    2. Under Search, click Farm-Wide Search Administration to open farm wide search administration page
    3. Click on the Search Service Applciations link under the Search Service Applications section
    4. After the Search Service Applciations page is rendered, close the brwoser and restart IIS by executing the command iisreset /noforce
    19 ตุลาคม 2553 14:19
  • I lost the link to the post -- i think this forum -- but the reply from an mvp was that this is a known issue, was in the beta and is still in the rtm, and ignore it. Mine comes and goes -- walking thru the Search admin pages makes it go away sometimes but it comes back.

jremmc

19 ตุลาคม 2553 15:28
  • Indeed this is a known issue that happens when your central administration is not hosted in one of the web application servers (WFE).

Since custom components are not deployed to that server hosting the central admin, it cannot find these components and report them.

Funny, everyone say it is a know issue but it is not documented anywhere...

Anyway, can someone explain to me how does Lily Wu reply is marked as an answer?!

Aaron - care to explain? I see this happening a lot here, marking people replies as answers when they are not answering / fixing the issue.

Regards, Shai Petel.

14 มิถุนายน 2555 18:20
  • Shai,

My central admin IS hosted on WFE -- I have one WFE/APP and a backend SQL with SP2010 installed on it for SSRS purposes only. CA is definitely installed on the WFE. So, error occurs in other cases as well. And error IS about the Search components, which are not custom (non-MSFT) components.

18 มิถุนายน 2555 15:29
  • I only encountered this and similar issues on farms where central admin was indeed missing the reported DLLs (like when a custom app wasn't deployed to the server central admin was running on), or when there was a permission problem for the SharePoint services that they did not have full control over the server.

Anyway, this report is on Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.dll which could be argued that is not native to SharePoint foundation. So, even if it is MSFT - it is not a part of SharePoint foundation, hence an extension I consider "custom".

It is perfectly ok for you to find other findings than me, this is why we all share ideas in this discussion, but the USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS is really not necessary.

Regards, Shai Petel.

18 มิถุนายน 2555 16:50
  • Here is the solution. Visit this blog & download the utility

learn-sharepoint-2013.blogspot.in/.../find-missing-web-part.html

Gaurav

G Goyal

8 กันยายน 2557 6:17