none
Excel Calculation Services on application server without Kerberos

คำถาม

• Hello everybody,

I'm trying to implement a "medium farm" setup for Excel Services:

- ServerA: Webapps

- ServerB: Excel Services

I found in the "Configuring Forms Services and Excel Services" White paper that it should work, excepting propagation of the user's authentication.. and that would be ok since we can afford fixing authentication with SSO Service.

The problem is that the ServerA cannot access Excel Web Services on ServerB, and drops a security error in the logs:
    ExcelServerProxy.ProcessWebException: A Web exception during ExecuteWebMethod has occurred for server: http://svmmosqa2:56737/MOSS_SSP_QA/ExcelCalculationServer/ExcelService.asmx, method: OpenWorkbook, ex: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

I tried the stsadm.exe -o set-ecssecurity -ssp [SSPNAME] -accessmodel TrustedSubsystem, but to no avail.

Anyone can confirm that Kerberos is the only way to go ? Or has implemented such a solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd, MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010

14 มีนาคม 2555 14:44

คำตอบ

• Yes, I've already tried the alternate access mapping configuration, but it did not change anything.

I forgot to mention that hte configuration works perfectly when accessing http://serverB (which has the web application service but should not be used as a front-end).

After discussing it with a SPadmin friend, it seems that when in three-tier configuration (WFE-APP-SQL) Kerberos is the only solution for Excel Services 2007.

I'd like a confirmation of this if possible, as we don't have Kerberos setup here, and won't have for some time because of old domain controllers (win2k) still in place.

Lloyd, MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010

• แก้ไขโดย Lloyd Bee 15 มีนาคม 2555 8:28
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Lloyd Bee 26 มีนาคม 2555 7:31
    15 มีนาคม 2555 8:28

ตอบทั้งหมด