Error adding users or groups in TFS 11

คำถาม

• We have been testing TFS11 w/ Sharpoint 2010 all on the same machine.

The two folks testing when they create a group from the site, or from the admin page we get an error message that says:

Object doesn't support this action

But on the bottom of the window it will report group created, or added (if adding a member).

Then when you look on the page the list is always blank, and the members are always empty until we click the refresh button on the browser.

I know this is beta, but is there something I did not setup or is this a known issue?

We have tried IE8 and IE9, Browser is set to clear cache upon each visit.

When I RDP to the TFS Server and open IE and add members or create a new TFS group the error does not occur.

The users having the issue are members of the the following:

Application Tier (top level): Console Users, Team Foundation Administrators

Team Project Collections: Project Collection Adminstrators

Below are some screen shots of the issue.

• แก้ไขโดย n_t_schultz 23 มีนาคม 2555 18:54
    • ย้ายโดย Lily_WuMicrosoft, Moderator 26 มีนาคม 2555 2:52 TFS11 (From:Team Foundation Server - Administration)
    23 มีนาคม 2555 18:53

ตอบทั้งหมด

The two folks testing when they create a group from the site, or from the admin page we get an error message that says:

But on the bottom of the window it will report group created, or added (if adding a member).

Then when you look on the page the list is always blank, and the members are always empty until we click the refresh button on the browser.

I know this is beta, but is there something I did not setup or is this a known issue?

When I RDP to the TFS Server and open IE and add members or create a new TFS group the error does not occur.

• แก้ไขโดย n_t_schultz 23 มีนาคม 2555 17:37
    • รวมโดย Xue-Mei Chang-MSFT 27 มีนาคม 2555 5:13 duplicated
    23 มีนาคม 2555 17:34
  • I think it's better if you report this to Microsoft connect, use this link:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

We are volunteers, if the reply help you mark it as your answer. thanks!!

Blog: http://mohamedradwan.wordpress.com

24 มีนาคม 2555 22:16
  • Hi n_t_schultz,

Thank you for your post.

Based on this case relate to TFS2011, I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

26 มีนาคม 2555 2:50
  • More testing and the result...

The user reporting the issue is running IE9, and has VS 2010... He had to load VS 11 in order to create groups. I had the user log into TFS 11 using the web url from my computer (Windows 7 x86 w IE9) it works fine from my PC with no issues.

I logged in as the TFS ADMIN using the URL on his PC with IE 9, and I have the same errors and issues as I posted earlier.

The URL is added to local Intranet with the same security on his pc as it is on mine. I am wondering if his issue is related to the fact he has two copies of VS installed. I know VS is not being used for the authentication process, but maybe a shared dll with IE?

• แก้ไขโดย n_t_schultz 26 มีนาคม 2555 20:18
    26 มีนาคม 2555 20:16
  • Any idea on the amount of delay?
    28 มีนาคม 2555 15:42
  • Any luck finding  resource?
    6 เมษายน 2555 11:56

When I RDP to the TFS Server and open IE and add members or create a new TFS group the error does not occur.

I'm experiencing the same error with one of my users trying to evaluate TFS 11.  Any updates?
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Lars Joakim Nilsson 9 พฤษภาคม 2555 10:52
    • ยกเลิกการนำเสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Lars Joakim Nilsson 9 พฤษภาคม 2555 10:53
    11 เมษายน 2555 18:01
  • What is the localization on the local computer?

We had the same problem and when we investigated the jscript error the script required en-US localization.

UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:42:23 UTC
    Line: 4
    Tegn: 1617
    Code: 0
    URI:http://TFS_SERVER:8080/tfs/_static/tfs/11/_scripts/TFS/TFS.UI.Controls.min.js?loc=en-US

Setting the localization to "en-US" on the local computer solved the problem.

/Lars

9 พฤษภาคม 2555 11:48