Customer upgrade Office 2003, 2007 to Office 2010. He got the problem with Office 2010 and Network Share. Now, he has used Windows Server 2003 R2, Client is Windows 7.
The problem in Office 2010 is
- User did not have delete permission, he cannot save file in network share. (but he can save when he used Office 2003 and 2007)
- If we set user permission can delete, the Owner of file will change. They didn’t want it. This is the sensitive document, they don’t want to change the owner of file.
Customer found some link is the same problem, please suggest the solution to investigate step-by-step.
As your description, I think you do not want to give some users full folder control in the share network. And it worked fine in the Office 2003 and Office 2007.
After you upgrade to the Office 2010, it did not worked fine. The issue may be caused by some reasons.
Did you get some error message when your customers saved the file?
Such as “Document not saved” (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/willbu/archive/2010/11/09/document-not-saved-or-file-sharing-error-saving-an-excel-file-maybe-your-desktop-is-too-cluttered.aspx) Yet another flavor of the ‘document not saved’ error. In this particular case, the error happens when some of the following conditions are true:
- You have a large file shared on a network by several users;
- the file may disappear leaving only a file in the temp file with a hexadecimal name (this is the lock file) ;
- neither the temp file or the original file are left in the save directory
Please fix the issue with the KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2434932
Next, the issue also be caused by the Microsoft April 2010 Patch MS10-020 - KB980232. We could reinstall to fix the issue.
At last, here are some similar issues:
Hope it will help you!
We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
Click HERE to participate the survey.