none
Property Search not working correctly with "Umlaute"

คำถาม

• Hi,

we have a SharePoint Server 2010 Farm with SharePoint Search. Now I am trying to query for tasks assigned to a specific user.  I could query the index with the Search Explorer from Steve Peschka and saw that correct values are in the Managed Property "AssignedTo"

Now, querying the index from the Search Site seems to be a bit of a problem. Let's say the user's name is "Müller Andreas". The following applies for the query results:

• Searching for AssignedTo:"Müller Andreas" doesn't give any result
    • Searching for AssignedTo:"Mueller Andreas" displays the correct results
    • Searching for AssignedTo:"Müller" also gives correct results

Interesting thing is that querying for the Author Property has similar results, but when I use a = instead of : the query Author="Müller Andreas" gives correct results, but AssignedTo="Müller Andreas" does also result in an empty set.

Has anyone an idea, where the problem is?

// Tried and true method for weather forecasting - random numbers. String weather = (new Random()).Next(2)==0?"rainy":"sunny";

18 มิถุนายน 2555 9:42

ตอบทั้งหมด

• This doesn't seem to be normal behaviour, other test environments don't show this. The problem only shows up on the productive and testing environment of a customer. Patch level is Feb 2012, same as in my test environments.

// Tried and true method for weather forecasting - random numbers. String weather = (new Random()).Next(2)==0?"rainy":"sunny";

20 มิถุนายน 2555 10:48
  • Some new information: It seems to be a reproduceable problem in all environments, but it is related to specific last names. In the topic I mentioned the name was Müller, but it works with this name, one of the problematic names is "Riedmüller". And it is only problematic, if the task is created on an english site, in a german site it works.

So it seems to be an indexing issue. Can anyone confirm or eventually give me at least a hint for a solution? I can't tell the man to change his last name ;).

21 มิถุนายน 2555 7:14