3 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 5:54Hello IT Guru's
We would like to host our intranet SharePoint externally where users can access it. Currently we have Juniper as firewall - but we would like to host our Intranet services through TMG 2010. We are quit confused which is the good solution for hosting our internal web services externally where users can access conveniently.
I have seen this URL http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/edgesecurity/isaserver/en/us/tmg-Features.aspx#Compare
It this application is the right one ? our main objective is to host our internal services which is OWA 2007, SharePoint2007 etc...
Kindly suggest what is the best approach
3 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 9:31Hi,
I would recommend to publish your SharePoint over TMG, becaue TMG automatically translates internal URLs with the external one, so you can be sure that you can access all links. Next thing the filtering options (pathfilter, http-filter,..) helps you to publish your server more secure. New in TMG is the antimalware-inspection and NIS which prevent users from upload malicious files and keep attacks away from your servers.
If you have any questions, let me know.
Christian Groebner MVP Forefront
14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 19:00Thanks for your reply ...
Let me illustrate some more details..
1. Currently our internal SharePoint site is ( http://portal.test.com) I created a new SharePoint publshing rule and given our SharePoint server IP - as you mention that TMG automatcailly translate internal site address http:// so do i need to register public domain for our internal site name ( http://portal.test.com)
2. When I am trying to test locally from other machine i cant see any traffic..
1. Do I need to configure two interface card ? LAN & WAN if YES then how
2. We have Juniper and the Public IP will be input in firewall and NAT that public IP to SharePoint server - is this the right approch ?
3. We have other web services which we want to host - what are the ports which i can use ? since currently I have hosted on port 80 for SharePoint..
4. Can I type the Public IP which i have given in Juniper firewall ( http://212.111.111.xx) if i want to test from outside ?
26 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 9:18ผู้ดูแล
Thank you for the post.
Please refer to the following links:
Nick Gu - MSFT
- ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft, Moderator 26 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 9:18