6 กรกฎาคม 2555 21:04
I've been receiving the subject exception when trying to provision a new connector via MVExtension (ILM 2007 Enterprise Ver: 18.104.22.168) and I've tried quite a few times to resolve this condition.
Per the related topics, I check out the target MA's connector space and found objects for all the parents in the target MA (Sun and Netscape directory servers). I check the spelling of the new object's dn along with all of those objects that occur in the connector space as placeholders.
I'm wondering if the subject exception can occur for any other scenarios, other than those represented in the available related topics.
As an example the exception indicates the Object "cn=SGID10129,ou=Vendors,ou=Partners,ou=External,dc=abcd,dc=com" does not have a parent object in the management agent
But the connector space has the following placeholder objects:
There was an existing connector object with a different cn that I had manually added to the back-directory and imported (full staging) into the connector space. I tried to manually join it to one of the existing MV objects I received the Identity Management error pop-up indicating there was an error encountered when processing the join request (Error: The extension does not imlement the entry point)
6 กรกฎาคม 2555 21:57
Once I figured out the entry point implementation issue, I was at least able to join an existing object to a one of the MV objects. I still can't provision a new object due to the missing parent issue.
I'm wondering how the managment agent recognizes that the parent exists for the existing child but not when I try to provision a new child under the same parent.
10 กรกฎาคม 2555 4:04
Check out this article I wrote a couple of years back - it will solve your problem.
Paul Loonen (Avanade) | MCM: Directory 2008 | MVP: FIM2010
- เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Paul LoonenMVP 11 กรกฎาคม 2555 2:58
10 กรกฎาคม 2555 19:48
Indirectly, that was a great help.
Attempting to dynamically create the missing parent(s), per you article, resulted in a NoCompatiblePartionException.
I searched the same forum for solutions to that kind of exception and somebody recommended to be sure that the organizationUnit objectclass is selected in the MA's properties.
It wasn't. Once selected and a Full Import was run, my problem was solved. Seems to me this has happened before and I didn't learn my lesson the first time.
And I thought seeing the parent objects in the MA's connector space as placeholders was good enough.
These forums and their contributors are "golden" (24K)
- ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Joe Grabiec 11 กรกฎาคม 2555 5:14