none
CQWP: Bug with IE9 (Transparent Menus)

Soru

• Hi all,

When you add a CQWP to a SharePoint 2010 site page, it makes the site actions menu and other menus transparent.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this? 

I guess it is a CSS problem somewhere.

Regards

Mike

18 Nisan 2012 Çarşamba 11:14

Yanıtlar

• The mystery deepens, the site performs as expected using IE9 64bit version on my machine but not the 32bit one.

I asked 2 of my colleagues to try, all IE9 32bit, all versions the same, same operating system etc.

One gave the same problem as I am having, one didn't have the problem at all!!!!   I hate inconsistancies, at least I now know it is machine dependant ruling out SharePoint as the problem.

I will feedback if I ever get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Mike

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen f1nutuk 08 Haziran 2012 Cuma 09:18
    08 Haziran 2012 Cuma 09:18

Tüm Yanıtlar

• I just quickly added a Content Query Webpart and checked on IE9, the Site Menu is normal and visible.

Have you changed something in Default Site CSS.

Thanks, Suraj Bangera

18 Nisan 2012 Çarşamba 11:21
  • I have added an CQWP and i see site actions and menus correctly in IE 9.

regards.

Tomás González. Twitter://@tgmourino

18 Nisan 2012 Çarşamba 11:24
  • Hi Suraj, thanks for checking.

We did have a custom masterpage with its own CSS, so I've reverted to nightandday masterpage bypassing the customised CSS and it still fails to render the menus correctly.

We have the site collection set as a publishing portal which may or may not have an affect.

We find the issue by

1) Create a new publishing site

2) Add CQWP

3) Click Site Actions

Regards

Mike

• Düzenleyen f1nutuk 18 Nisan 2012 Çarşamba 12:33
    18 Nisan 2012 Çarşamba 12:28
  • Hey Mike,

To rectify the problem, just try some of simple steps-

1) First of all set the night and day masterpage as your default masterpage, and check if it displays the menu properly.

2) Just clear the browser history and then check again.

If the menu displays properly than we can consider that problem is in Custom Masterpage or CSS.

I guess most probably the problem might be in the Custom CSS that you have used.

Thanks, Suraj Bangera

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Pengyu Zhao 29 Nisan 2012 Pazar 07:34
    • Yanıt İşaretini Geri Alan f1nutuk 07 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 14:05
    18 Nisan 2012 Çarşamba 12:43
  • Hi all,

I've been reassigned back to this after being parachuted into another project...

It was still getting me and thinking that it was a CSS problem somewhere as advised, I created a new brand new Site Collection (publishing portal) and tried again.  No custom CSS, no masterpages, pure OOTB.

Same problem.  It's driving me up the wall, as our business is about to go IE9 on all staff machines and I'll dreading all the support calls.

I came across someone else's post on another forum (no answers though other than hardcode the masterpage to render as an IE7 page).  They too are having the same issue.

Here is how to recreate the issue.

• Create a brand new publishing site on a publishing portal site collection
    • Drop a CQWP onto a page (there is one on the homepage by default anyway), you dont even need to configure it
    • Click SiteActions menu

Problem: The background for the menu becomes transparent!

I only have this issue in IE9, IE7 renders it fine. If I remove the CQWP and try any other web part, things are fine.

Thanks 

Mike

screen shot of transparent menu

• Düzenleyen f1nutuk 07 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 15:09
    07 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 14:10
  • The mystery deepens, the site performs as expected using IE9 64bit version on my machine but not the 32bit one.

I asked 2 of my colleagues to try, all IE9 32bit, all versions the same, same operating system etc.

One gave the same problem as I am having, one didn't have the problem at all!!!!   I hate inconsistancies, at least I now know it is machine dependant ruling out SharePoint as the problem.

I will feedback if I ever get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Mike

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen f1nutuk 08 Haziran 2012 Cuma 09:18
    08 Haziran 2012 Cuma 09:18
  • I have exactly the same issue. Transparent menu’s on a site with a content query webpart. And the problem only exists on a 32 bit IE. 64 bit IE works fine.

If anybody has a solution I’m glad to hear about it.

09 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi 11:36
  • Hey Mike,

I have found a fix.  I started by looking at line 1724 of corev4.css which reads

div.ms-MenuUIPopupBody.ms-MenuUIPopupScreen,div.ms-MenuUIPopupBody.ms-MenuUIPopupScreen div.ms-MenuUIPopupInner,div.ms-MenuUIPopupBody.ms-MenuUIPopupScreen div.ms-MenuUIPopupInner div
    {
    font-weight:normal;
    height:auto;
    z-index:9999;
    white-space:normal;
    margin:0px;
    /* [ReplaceColor(themeColor:"Light1")] */ background-color:#fff;
    display:block;
    text-decoration:none;
    background-image:none;
    padding:0px;
    cursor:pointer;
    font-family:Verdana,Arial,sans-serif;
    }

The last class is div.ms-MenuUIPopupBody.ms-MenuUIPopupScreen div.ms-MenuUIPopupInner div which if you set to background-color:#fff!important; will fix part of the issue, but the styling still looks way off and this only works on the site action menu.

For the full fix (tested in a CEWP in a <style> tag, but should be added to a custom css) I used the div.ms-MenuUIPopupInner UL selector.  CSS rule looks like this

div.ms-MenuUIPopupInner ul{ background-color:#fff; }  This seems to take care of all the drop down menus when a CQWP is on the page.  More thought will have to go into how you want to go about implementing this fix if you are working with the theming engine.

Still not 100% sure why the addition of the CQWP is the only thing that causes this, but the above seems to solve the problem.  I think it may have something to do with specificity, a class used in rendering the CQWP, and the theming engine.

• Yanıt Olarak Öneren June Cui 27 Ağustos 2012 Pazartesi 22:49
    17 Temmuz 2012 Salı 00:14
  • Check if the issue is reproducing on IE without ADD-ON.

If the issue is reproducing on IE without Add-On -> Then , it has to do with ADD ON.

I was able to resolve the issue by disabling Microsoft Silverlight Addon

• Düzenleyen Abbas Sayyed 30 Nisan 2014 Çarşamba 18:21 Typo error
    30 Nisan 2014 Çarşamba 18:13