none
Can we have multiple Document Sets under a Document Set

Yanıtlar

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Nested document sets are not supported out of the box. You might want to consider using a combination of Folders and Managed Metadata to group and organize documents to meet your requirements or look for a 3rd party application the provides this functionality.

Manaz Mohideen - MCPD, MCITP, MCTS

16 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi 22:01
  • Hi Manaz,

Thanks for you reply!. You mentioned about Managed Metadata to group documents in Document Sets. Can you please provide me good links that explains this functionality through GUI as well as using code?. If you reply or no reply I will mark this as answered. Thanks,

17 Temmuz 2012 Salı 00:49
  • Grouping by MM is pretty straightforward using the UI. You create your term sets, associate it with a column(s) in your document library and configure your views to group by the column.

In order to do it via code, take a look at the link below.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vedap/archive/2011/05/16/group-by-on-managed-metadata-column-taxonomy-column-and-issues.aspx

Hope this helps.

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen AlexMathew 17 Temmuz 2012 Salı 01:40
    17 Temmuz 2012 Salı 01:04
  • Hi Manaz,

You seem very knowledgeable on Document Sets. I need to create a Document Set on feature activation with out writing code. Means, I just need to define in elements.xml file. You want me to open a new thread or you don't mind providing answer here. I can open a thread but again I want to ask here itself so that I can have answer from you directly. What ever you say Sir.

The code you specified is Server object model. Can we achieve the same using defining that in elements.xml file?

Thanks,

• Düzenleyen AlexMathew 17 Temmuz 2012 Salı 01:42
    17 Temmuz 2012 Salı 01:40
  • In order to activate the Document Set using a feature, you will first have to create a Content Type using the Document Set. This will allow you to create a feature using the Content Type and activate it in a site/site collection (depending on the scope of the feature) you choose.

Take a look at the following link for an example.

http://platinumdogs.me/2009/09/08/creating-a-sharepoint-content-type-using-a-feature/

17 Temmuz 2012 Salı 04:18