none
Import GPOPack error

Soru

• Hello, I recieved this error when I try to import a GPOPack that I export

GPOPack.wfs (211. 14) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Variable is undefined: ' conLABEL_CODE002' Can someone help me?

29 Kasım 2011 Salı 19:36

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi, Sorry you have run into this issue... it only affects running GPOPacks on 32-bit XP computers...

A fix is described here: 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1836.aspx#Q_Why_doesn_t_LocalGPO_work_on_32-bit_Windows_XP

This issue has been corrected in the LocalGPO that will be included in the next SCM release.

Hope this helps!!

30 Kasım 2011 Çarşamba 19:07
  • I corrected the vbscript according to the link. It says that the GPO applied successfully but nothing has changed?
    02 Aralık 2011 Cuma 22:15
  • A few questions:

Did you reboot after applying the gpo?

How did you determine that the settings did not apply?

What settings are in the GPO?

Kurt

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com
    02 Aralık 2011 Cuma 23:50
    Sahip
  • I restarted. The GPO suppose to change settings in the local security settings. Those settings aren't changed after I run the gpopack. The settings are applied if I use the gpo import only. I know the gpopack is buggy for xp 32 bit systems. I created a script that will install the local gpo software. Is it possible to run a commandline to import the gpo and not the gpo pack automatically if the local gpo software is installed?
    • Düzenleyen techguy781 03 Aralık 2011 Cumartesi 03:42
    03 Aralık 2011 Cumartesi 03:41
  • Is the GPOPack copied to the local drive of the computer? Security settings (INF Based) will not apply unless the GPO Pack or GPO backup is copied to the local drive...

Also, what command line are you using to run the GPOPack? Are you double-clicking the GPOPack.wsf, or are you calling it from a script? If calling from a script you need to have the current folder be the root folder of the GPOPack, or you need to specify the full path to the GPOPack... for example, a command like the following:

c:\GPOPacks\MyGPOPack\GPOPack.wsf /path:"c:\GPOPacks\MyGPOPack"

In any case, if you have LocalGPO fully installed, a command similar to the following should work:

cscript c:\Program Files\LocalGPO\LocalGPO.wsf /Path:C:\GPObackups\{GPO Backup GUID}

As with GPOPacks, the GPO backup must be present on the local drive of the computer for INF based settings to apply correctly.

Hope this helps!

05 Aralık 2011 Pazartesi 18:37
  • jofer52 - I am having the same issue and it doesn't look like the above person followed up with you soooooo. If i can jump in and pick up where they left off maybe we can get this resolved for me and anyone else that might be hacin this issue?

Problem i am having GPOPack.wfs (211. 14) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Variable is undefined: ' conLABEL_CODE002' from a windows XP 32 bit machine.

I have all the files local to the xp system i am trying to install it to. I am running the following command.

cscript gpopack.wsf 

I followed the link provided above and corrected those three lines to match snipit. Now the script runs correctly saying the policy was updated but the policy does not change. I rebooted to check again and now i am getting an informational popup  " the group policy security setting that apply to this machine could not be determined. The error reeturned when trying to retrive these settings from the local security policy database (%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb) was : the pararameter is incorrect. All local security setting will be displayed, but no indication will be given as to whether or not a given secutiry setting is defined by Group Policy. al local security setting modified through this user interface may subsequently be overridden by domain- level policies.

Thanks

21 Şubat 2012 Salı 00:05