none
How does BCS determine identifiers?

Soru

• I have a table with a key comprised of two fields. When I try to connect a ReadList in BCS, I'm only getting the first field for the key in the Identifier drop-down. How does BCS determine the table identifiers? Can I have two identifier fields or is BCS limited to only 1 identifier for a table?

I get the same problem with connecting directly to the table or using a stored procedure.

I think I could resolve the problem if I knew what BCS is looking for when it populates the identifier drop-down.

Thanks!

C Sherrill

12 Temmuz 2012 Perşembe 19:55

Yanıtlar

• The problem was that the key did not appear in the Identifier drop-down even if I checked the Map to Identifier. The table has multiple key fields and only the first was appearing in the drop-down so I was not able to map to the other identifiers.

I deleted the entire ECT and rebuilt it and the problem resolved itself. I suspect the ECT was corrupted in some way that prevented it from recognizing a  the keys in the source table.

Thanks!

Cathy

C Sherrill

16 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi 19:58

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi,

You may have as many identifiers as you need. By default SharePoint designer suggests a table primary key as identifier. But you may select any new column to be an identifier.

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog

13 Temmuz 2012 Cuma 11:59
  • The problem was that the key did not appear in the Identifier drop-down even if I checked the Map to Identifier. The table has multiple key fields and only the first was appearing in the drop-down so I was not able to map to the other identifiers.

I deleted the entire ECT and rebuilt it and the problem resolved itself. I suspect the ECT was corrupted in some way that prevented it from recognizing a  the keys in the source table.

Thanks!

Cathy

C Sherrill

16 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi 19:58