none
File associations: Error=!MS SharePoint Foundation compatible application could not be found to edit the document

Soru

• I am running MS Expressions Suite and SPD 2010 on same computer.  In IE 9 I navigated to Site Actions | Site Settings | Master Page Layouts (under Galleries).  Checked the box next to my new page layout.  Clicked edit document in the ribbon and received the error: " The document could not be opened for editing. A Microsoft SharePoint Foundation compatible application could not be found to edit the document."

This was working yesterday and now it isn't.  I CAN connect to the site directly in SPD 2010 and open the document for editing. 

So why bother post if I can do the work?  Because it undermines my productivity (and confidence in the system)  if things mysteriously stop working.

I did go into Control Panel, under Programs and make sure .aspx files (and several other formats) were configured to open in SPD 2010. Oddly there were two icons for SPD 2010 in my Recommended Programs (on the Open with window).  I did try them both and neither opens SPD 2010 from the browser to edit my page layout.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks - Greg

Gregory Frick

12 Mart 2012 Pazartesi 17:29

Yanıtlar

• I ended up using Control Panel | Programs  selected SharePoint designer and changed it and then repaired it and then rebooted. On reboot I opened the browser to my publishing site.  I was able to check the box next to my Page Layout and select edit. This successfully loaded the page in SPD 2010.

Greg

Gregory Frick

12 Mart 2012 Pazartesi 19:38

Tüm Yanıtlar