SCCM - Collections synchronization problem between central site collections and primary site collections
17 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe 12:08
We have SCCM 2007 R2, One Central Site, One Primary Site and 3 secondary sites.
All secondary clients report to Primary and Primary reports to Central.
Both Central and Primary DB's are installed in Single SQL box (Single SQL box with 2 DB's)
Problem is we find collection count difference between Central and Primary sites, they are not equal. As per the synchronization we do not have any problem for package sync and other inventory sync.
Problem is only with collection update between Central site and Primary Site.
Can someone suggest what might be the issue?
17 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe 16:36Moderatör
Could be WMI memory errors or SQL errors. I could be inboxes are backed up on the primary.
If you restart the primary, do all the collections look like they are now up-to-date. You could have a query that is kicking off and killing your WMI on the box.
You can use the sp_who2 command on the SQL primary and look to see if you have any collection Evaluations that are just sitting there. when a collection is refreshed it says something like locked or dead, sleeping or something, I can't recall but it isn't bad. The bad part is the date/time it kicked off, make sure it wasn't 3 days ago...then you can see all the other collections waiting.
21 Mayıs 2012 Pazartesi 15:52I did run the command on Primary SQL, status shows "RUNNABLE" SPID 176
22 Mayıs 2012 Salı 13:24
Can I confirm that your issue is only with the number of computer object being displayed in the All Systems Collection at each Primary and not an issue with Collections being created at the Central Site not being replicated to the child primary?
22 Mayıs 2012 Salı 14:51
Yes Todd, you are correct, if i create new collection in Central site, that will be sync with primary within no time, please need your assistance
23 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba 07:10
The are several factors that could be causing this.
Check that the Collections at the Central site are being evaluated \\<Central Site Server>\SMS_XXX\colleval.log.
Check if you have a back log on the Central site, \\<Central Site Server>\SMS_XXX\Inboxes\Auth\DDR also check the \\<Central Site Server>\SMS_XXX\DDM.log to confirm that the Central site is processing Discovery records.
Check that the maintenance tasks on the Central and Child Primary sites are configured the same in particular the Delete Inactive Client Discovery Data and Delete Obsolete Client Discovery Data.
If Collections are being evaluated at the Central site, you don't have a back log with processing DDRs and the maintenance tasks are configured the same then the next step would be to identify a computer object at the Child Primary that is not at the Central Site. Analysing this object may help you identify why it is has not been replicated up.
- Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Yog LiMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator 04 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 10:30
23 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba 14:36
Hello Gud morning..
1. Checked Colleval.log - Evaluation is in place
2. I can see that , Discovery records are being processed in DDM.box & DDR.Box.
3. Delete Inactive Client Discovery Data & Data and Delete Obsolete Client Discovery Data is not enabled on both central & primary. we have customized query collection for Inactive& obsolete Client PCs and same are deleting everyday.
4. I will compare computer objects on both central & primary and check the status of machines status. then get back to you.
22 Haziran 2012 Cuma 14:22Compared computer objects of both my central & primary site collection (All systems) with our AD computers and found many objects are present in Collections but not in AD , it means those are staled ones , hence deleted the same from console. found both servers collections are equal now!!
- Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Sri - CTS 22 Haziran 2012 Cuma 14:22