none
Multimedia Audio Controller Problem

السؤال

• I have EDITED the question posted earlier, for one reason, to be more specific about the msgs. received after attempting to update the hardware.  The changes are in boldface.

Upon starting my compuer, I get a "Found New Hardware" message. I have tried several different ways to "install" the driver via the Hardware Update Wizard, but always end up with a msg. that the hardware was not installed because the Hardware Wizard cannot find the necessary software. I have spent hours and hours trying to install from my original Dell disks--Driver and Utilities disk with "Device Drivers" on it and the Applications disk with "Multimedia software" on it and another Driver and Utilities disk.  (I have all of the original ones that came with my computer.

After Google-ing "Multimedia Audio Controller Problems," I also went to www.softwaretipsandtricks.com where I found a lot of information.  As suggested on that site, I did run the Belarc Advisor and have my "Computer Profile Summary." The multimedia is "Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device" according to the profile summary. 

Under "Sounds and Audio Device Properties" on my computer, it states that I have "No Audio Device." Under Device Manager, I have the big yellow question mark next to "Other Devices" and next to "Multimedia Audio Controller" under "Other Devices." 

Also, went to ParetoLogicDriverCure and downloaded an application that did an analysis (I guess you call it), and it showed that my audio controller driver is up to date.  There were some other items that it said needed "fixing," but I think I have to purchase the fixes -- not sure. 

I have a Dell Dimension4550 WindowsXP 2002 Professional Service Pack 3 O/S.  The Device instance ID for the Audio is:  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_01421028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&FD.  

Can someone please tell me how to get my audio back -- where do I go for the update to my driver, if that is what I need to fix this problem.  Thanks so much!

01/شوال/1431 04:28 م

جميع الردود

• Go to dell.com , input your service tag, and download the audio driver for your computer.

Also, go to Control Panel and click System (in icon view), click the hardware tab and click Device Manager. Right click on the other device and select Properties. Click the details tab, select HardwareIDs, and post the resulting string of 'garbage'.

01/شوال/1431 05:36 م
  • Thanks so much for responding.

I did, in fact, go to the Dell site and there was only 1 Audio download available -- probably, because my computer is so old. 

Also, there is no "Details" tab for the "Properties" for "Other Device."  The Device instance ID for the Audio Contoller is:  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_01421028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&FD.

Is that what you needed?

Thanks again.

01/شوال/1431 06:55 م
  • Yep, that's it.

install the driver download from Dell's site, there usually is only 1 download for each hardware item,and that should do the trick.

01/شوال/1431 08:33 م