none
Wireless Gaming Receiver (Receiver Xbox for pc)

السؤال

• This receiver is not working on windows 8 because I found the driver on the official website is incompatible microsoft (windows 7 version). I wonder if you have any solution for installing this hardware?

19/شوال/1433 03:47 ص

الإجابات

• Does the driver installer let you complete the install, but the driver still doesn't work.    Or does the installer say that it cannot be installed on this 'version' of windows, meaning the drivers might work, but the installer package does not allow installation on W8.

If it is the latter case, we might be able to export the drivers from a working W7 machine, and import them into W8 avoiding the installer.  Plenty of free-wares can do the trick, this link is one of them.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/

Don't forget to mark your posts as answered so they drop off the unanswered post filter. If I've helped you and you want to show your gratitude, just click that green thingy.

• تم التحرير بواسطة Knuckle-Dragger 19/شوال/1433 04:00 ص
    • تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Cleiton V. Mendes 19/شوال/1433 04:39 م
    19/شوال/1433 03:58 ص

جميع الردود

• Does the driver installer let you complete the install, but the driver still doesn't work.    Or does the installer say that it cannot be installed on this 'version' of windows, meaning the drivers might work, but the installer package does not allow installation on W8.

If it is the latter case, we might be able to export the drivers from a working W7 machine, and import them into W8 avoiding the installer.  Plenty of free-wares can do the trick, this link is one of them.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/

Don't forget to mark your posts as answered so they drop off the unanswered post filter. If I've helped you and you want to show your gratitude, just click that green thingy.

• تم التحرير بواسطة Knuckle-Dragger 19/شوال/1433 04:00 ص
    • تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Cleiton V. Mendes 19/شوال/1433 04:39 م
    19/شوال/1433 03:58 ص
  • He usually installs the drivers for the pc, but the device is not recognized yet. I've done manual installation through device manager and it did not, because he does not recognize how that device.
    19/شوال/1433 04:36 م
  • I'm having the same issue (I think).  Before I upgraded from windows 7 it worked, but now it doesn't even recognize that the receiver is plugged in.  The light on the receiver box won't even come on.  I think it might be broken, but I really hope not!

-ME

24/محرم/1434 01:36 ص
  • I am Having the same Issue,  even simple adding the device manually, the device will not work.

- Jose

José A. Torres ________________________________ Information Technology Resources Carman Hall 113-A Lehman College - CUNY 250 Bedford Park Blvd. West Bronx, NY 10468 Phone: 718-960-7477 E-mail: jose.torres3@mail.lehman.edu

25/محرم/1434 04:11 ص
  • I have the same problem.

The Wireless Receiver worked perfect on Win 7.

After upgrading to Win 8 Pro, the device does not even show up in Device manager(not even as an Unknown Device) nor does the Green light turn on.

I tried reinstalling the drivers(no errors while installing) that came with the disc but nothing happens.

I also noticed that the drivers for this device can no longer be found on Microsoft websites.

09/صفر/1434 12:42 م
  • Okay, I figured out how. 

Windows 8 users only :

1st. Point the mouse to the top/bottom right of your screen. Click on the search tab.

2nd. In the search tab, type in devmgmt.msc. One choice should come up. Click on it.

3rd. It will open a window on the desktop called "Device Manager". Go down and open up "Other Devices", and inside it should be one called "Unknown device". Right click on it and click update driver.

4th. Choose the "Browse my computer for driver software. 

5th. Click on "Let me pick ----". Scroll all the way down to "Xbox 360 Peripherals", click it and click next.

6th. It gathers the list of all possible devices. Don't choose anything from the list. Just hit next.

7th. It will say a warning, but don't worry about it. Just hit yes.

Your done! You may now close out of the device manager program and continue to connect your controller and play the heck out of some games. Hope this helped and worked. If not, email me at miles98@live.com and I will help you if you provide more detail.

• تم الاقتراح كإجابة بواسطة Miles12129 13/شوال/1434 04:53 م
    07/شوال/1434 06:18 م
  • Check the link below. I don't believe I had to go through all this to fix it.

My device was showing no lights nor was it getting detected by my PC. After wasting countless hours of trying to install drivers the correct way I found the solution on Youtube.

The problem was that a fuse inside the receiver was blown. I had to open it up and solder the connection to fix it.

This receiver has the worse build quality and the fuse was blown within a months. Please make Xbox controllers that don't need extra receivers to connect with the PC. Sony has controllers that connect directly to PC and even smart phones. Why cant Microsoft do the same. Just making money on extra hardware like receivers and charging cables and rechargeable batteries for the controllers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U86kalOQdmE

24/ربيع الثاني/1435 04:32 م