none
IDT High definition audio driver crashes Win 7

Obecná diskuse

• I installed Win 7 and kept the default audio driver for several months with no problems.  Yesterday I checked Windows update for optional updates and saw one for IDT High definition audio.  After installing and rebooting, my system became useless with 100% processor usage and no audio at all.  It took about 15 minutes for the computer to catch up with me so I could roll back the driver.  This is the update info:

IDT - Audio - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Installation date: ‎3/‎19/‎2009 7:16 AM
    Installation status: Successful
    Update type: Optional
    IDT Audio software update released in September, 2008
    More information:
    http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20215950
    Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

I rolled back to the default windows driver which is "High definition audio device" version 6.1.7000.0 and dated 12/12/08.  This fixed the problem.  Did anybody else have a problem like this or was it just me?
    20. března 2009 6:55

Všechny reakce

• Yes had the same problem. Have not found a solution yet.
    8. května 2009 21:27
  • I am having problem with inbuild microphone driver. Anybody has a solution? my system is windows 7
    21. května 2009 14:29
  • Wow lame. I'm having the same problem too. Glad to see that one one has stepped up to the plate on this one.
    28. května 2009 22:56
  • No sound on my acer 1640z laptop. Any fixes yet?
    29. května 2009 0:53
  • I am having similar issues. My sound is not working with this driver installed. What's interesting is that if I download this driver from HP (my computer manufacturer) the setup wont even run and says that it is incompatible with my hardware.
    14. června 2009 0:53
  • I am using HP T1600 Compacq series, I also download the latest IDT driver, driver date 2009 6/3. After i installed the new driver. the internal Mic has no sound.
    29. července 2009 10:00
  • My HP HDX 16 works fine with the Windows 7 default driver (High Def..) but the bass dont come out from the sub woofer
    24. srpna 2009 17:33
  • look at this address has the updated driver for W7, may serve:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/OTHER-SOUNDCARDS/HP-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC-Driver-61060870-Rev-B.shtml
    1. listopadu 2009 17:09
  • I am having problem with inbuild microphone driver. Anybody has a solution? my system is windows 7

I am having problem with inbuild microphone driver.
    in Windows XP works on windows 7 does not record ...
    11. listopadu 2009 4:01
  • My Alesis external sound card crashes windows 7 everytime. Mackie Onyx Satellite does the same.
    Windows 7 doesn't like sound cards?
    Annoying since the reason I got the new system was to record with it.
    11. listopadu 2009 4:17
  • Hi,

Install:

HP Tone Control Utility here

This package provides the HP Tone Control Utility (for Bass/Treble) for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

11. listopadu 2009 14:44
  • Hi,

Write down Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this .

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

11. listopadu 2009 14:45
  • For Hp Pavilion Dv4-1212la users:

You can get updated drivers here, including those for Windows 7

Cheers!

Jorge from Argentina.
    18. listopadu 2009 18:54
  • I had similiar problem. Reason of problem are not bad drivers, but IDT apllication. Solution is very easy, after Installation of drivers, you have to forbid IDT program after starting os...
    30. listopadu 2009 13:05
  • Windows 7 sound fixe for IDT high def codec just roll the driver back to the 06/27/08 version.  It will work fine
    Thank you, Hangels777
    16. ledna 2010 3:57
  • Windows 7 has a sound issue they have not been able to fix to date.  The easiest solution is to roll back to the 06/27/08 version and your sound will work fine. If you have the latest version dated 2009 just hit the roll back v ersion and it should install the 06/08 version.  You will then have sound again until Microsft fixes the app.  Hope this helps
    Thank you, Hangels777
    16. ledna 2010 4:04
  • I have an HP HDX9494NR
    . - Same deal
    26. února 2010 9:18
  • Same !
    I've a DELL Precision M6400 running W7/64.
    Driver IDT 6.10.0.6227 from DELL Installed and NO micro running :-(

Any idea ?
    2. března 2010 15:36
  • I have a similarly problem with HP DV3Z laptop. When I check Windows 7 Event Viewer after the computer fails to wake up or cannot be shut down properly, I would see an error about "Audio Service unexpectedly stopped"" shortly before the problem arose I just installed the Windows 7 default driver v.6.1.7600.16385 by uninstalling the existing driver and deleting the files and letting Windows 7 look for a driver automatically. The Windows 7 driver actually has a later date than the one HP provides on its website and seems to work fine except for one thing: When I press the mute button on the laptop, the mute light doesn't change as it's supposed to even though the sound does go off. Hope it solves the problem.
    7. března 2010 0:15
  • I have a similarly problem with HP DV3Z laptop. When I check Windows 7 Event Viewer after the computer fails to wake up or cannot be shut down properly, I would see an error about "Audio Service unexpectedly stopped"" shortly before the problem arose I just installed the Windows 7 default driver v.6.1.7600.16385 by uninstalling the existing driver and deleting the files and letting Windows 7 look for a driver automatically. The Windows 7 driver actually has a later date than the one HP provides on its website and seems to work fine except for one thing: When I press the mute button on the laptop, the mute light doesn't change as it's supposed to even though the sound does go off. Hope it solves the problem.
    Hi Lawrence,
    can you provide us the URL where you found that driver ?
    Many THNAKS in advance.
    DELL is right now unble to find a solution :(
    7. března 2010 7:59
  • @LawrenceKS

Hi,

Write down Your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this .

7. března 2010 12:38
  • Hi Lawrence,
    can you provide us the URL where you found that driver ?
    Many THNAKS in advance.
    DELL is right now unble to find a solution :(

As I mentioned earlier, I just unstalled the existing driver with the delete driver files option checked. When I reboot the system, Windows 7 would search for a driver and install the one it finds appropriate. The driver thus installed seems to have fixed the system lock-up problem, but I would lose audio whenever the system wakes up from sleep, which entails a reboot to get audio back. So, the driver that Windows 7 installs automatically still seems problematic.

8. března 2010 19:54
  • Cogdis,

It just did with me. I was updating windows 7 and had the same problem, I am going to rollback the driver for the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. This sucks! We try to udate thinking we will improve drivers! It seems that this update every day is going out of hand... if this continues, I will stop updating to one time a year update intervals...

30. dubna 2010 21:49
  • same problem... tried with all drivers from microsoft and HP, problem persists
    23. května 2010 22:31
  • @VagoNeto

Hi,

Write down Your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this .

23. května 2010 23:56
  • hi people, i have windows 7 installed on a virtual pc on my samsung nc10 notebook. runs ok but no codecs installed. i briefly looked on the microsoft website but couldnt find the right stuff. can someone please help me. i have a built in mic too. my currennt os is xp home sp3. not sure what version of 7 is installed i think its ultimate. tjhe driver im using in xp is a realtec hd one. not sure of exact name. reply asap as im in a college lecture..... =]
    28. května 2010 9:41
  • @alexclarkey92

Hi,

Which nc10 netbook You've got because there are few models:

NC10-11GP, NC10-12PWBK, NC10-13GB, NC10-13P, NC10-14GB, NC10-14GBK and NC10-14GW.

This information You may find under Your laptop on a Service Tag.

7. června 2010 1:03
  • Been wrangling with this pain since we got a new Compaq 515.  Finally solved it.  Remove the IDT Audio Control Panel from the Program Wizard (what use to be Add/Remove Programs).  Restarted, all audio works perfectly, including headphones and microphone!  Not sure if additional features are no longer available, but I'd rather have SOME audio than NONE and hanging programs!

HTH

3. července 2010 16:48
  • Can u give me link where to download the old driver installation file please. cant find it anywhere. I have the same problem.
    13. srpna 2010 18:26
  • Hi All,

Install the driver from this link - http://tinyurl.com/2eft6md

This resolved the issue on 10 units.

Driver file name: sp45584.exe

version/date: 5.10.6229.0; 6.10.6229.0 (8 Oct 2009)

OS - Windows 7

All the best

Regards,

Guru V K

28. října 2010 12:36
  • I had the same issue over and over. Finally rolled back to

http://download.cnet.com/Audio-SIGMATEL-STAC-92XX-C-Major-HD-Audio-Driver-Version-A06/3000-2110_4-168835.html

Seems to be working fine at the moment.

11. ledna 2011 1:20
  • Hello All,

I am having similar problems with FireFox browser crashing...only when I try to watch or download video....browser freezes...Skype no longer works...Thought it was Flash or Shockwave Flash...reinstalled both...then read this thread.

Tried to see if I have the mentioned driver...can't locate on computer...where would driver be found? Already tried device mgr...not there.

Using Windows 7...64 bit...Hp G72-227WM.

If any can help..it would really be appreciated. Thanks

Everything was working ok until several days ago...Leading me to believe it was some kind of update...did a restore...worked for a couple days then crashes...new restore does not work...checked windows up dates history...no update for the above mentioned driver.

14. ledna 2011 3:31
  • The solution is right here http://uniqueg47.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/wow-windows-7-needs-to-grow-up-with-these-silly-problems-im-talking-about-driver-installations-dude/

27. února 2011 14:18
  • Exactly how does one "rollback" to an earlier version.  My pc recently has speaker issues similar to what you describe.

Thanks!

6. dubna 2011 1:08
  • I have the same problem where my intel DP45SG motherboard has audio non-functional on windows 7 (it was working 4 months prior).

I tried the solution outlined in http://uniqueg47.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/wow-windows-7-needs-to-grow-up-with-these-silly-problems-im-talking-about-driver-installations-dude/ but I get an error which says my hardware is not compatible with the IDT drivers I have manually selected.

I am thinking that it might be a hardware problem where the onboard audio has failed.

I cannot see any solution to this problem other than to disable the onboard audio and install a new pci sound card.

22. dubna 2011 11:26
  • Did u get any solution.. till now??? I too m using DP45SG, and IDT says it is not compatible with my board... I miss listening to 5.1 audio... Plz suggest any solution...
    19. července 2011 2:47
  • So I’ve had a problem recently with configuring IDT audio drivers for my Dell Studio 15. The problem was I have Windows v7 now, and to think driver installation was so easy, think again for audio drivers. To be honest, the same driver had no problems while I installed it in Windows XP whatsoever. So I asked Dell techsupport, they told me to download the latest drivers for my laptop from their site, which wasn’t much of a support lol jk jk. Then I browse in the Internet for hoursssssssss to come up with a good solution but noneeee, everything turned out to be a dead end. Oh and for the readers of this post, if you get an error stating that  “IDT Package didn’t detect the audio hardware” your on the right post, cuz I got the same error. So enough with the description about the problem lets get on the with solution. When you download the latest drivers for your laptop(any brand) they give it to you as an .EXE package or a .ZIP file. In either case, download it, and extract the contents to any place in your harddrive. Once you’ve done that the setup automatically starts, and while starting the audio service in your laptop you should get the above error. Here is another indicator, the audio volume icon thingy on your right corner at the bottom gives a red ‘X” and turns back to normal again, after which you get the pop up error as I’ve stated at the top. At this point don’t be mad, its okkkk. Just cancel the setup(I’m guessing it should cancel itself since the audio service fails to start). Follow the below steps from here and on…

1. In Windows Vista/v7 to access Device Manager, go to  System properties in Control Panel otherwise you can just right click on  My Computer and click on properties. On the screen that pops up, look on the top left where you should find “Device Manager” hyperlink click on it.
    2. In the tree hierarchy that shows up, Look for “Sound, video and game controllers” expand the list there you should find 2 entries which says “High Definition Audio Device”. Right click on the first one and click on “Update Driver Software” it should pop up another wizard.
    3. You are given with two options, select the second one which says “Browse my computer for driver software” and now in the succeeding menu you have to point to the path where the drivers you extracted in the first place are located. For example if I’ve extracted it into C:\Driver, you should point to the WDM folder inside it like so Search for driver software in this location: C:\Driver\WDM.
    4. Check the box which says “Include Sub Folders” then click on Next, wait for the installation to finish and then restart WOLLAAAAA HD Audio at your serviceeeee  as simple as that.
    18. října 2011 15:16
  • So I’ve had a problem recently with configuring IDT audio drivers for my Dell Studio 15. The problem was I have Windows v7 now, and to think driver installation was so easy, think again for audio drivers. To be honest, the same driver had no problems while I installed it in Windows XP whatsoever. So I asked Dell techsupport, they told me to download the latest drivers for my laptop from their site, which wasn’t much of a support lol jk jk. Then I browse in the Internet for hoursssssssss to come up with a good solution but noneeee, everything turned out to be a dead end. Oh and for the readers of this post, if you get an error stating that  “IDT Package didn’t detect the audio hardware” your on the right post, cuz I got the same error. So enough with the description about the problem lets get on the with solution. When you download the latest drivers for your laptop(any brand) they give it to you as an .EXE package or a .ZIP file. In either case, download it, and extract the contents to any place in your harddrive. Once you’ve done that the setup automatically starts, and while starting the audio service in your laptop you should get the above error. Here is another indicator, the audio volume icon thingy on your right corner at the bottom gives a red ‘X” and turns back to normal again, after which you get the pop up error as I’ve stated at the top. At this point don’t be mad, its okkkk. Just cancel the setup(I’m guessing it should cancel itself since the audio service fails to start). Follow the below steps from here and on…

1. In Windows Vista/v7 to access Device Manager, go to  System properties in Control Panel otherwise you can just right click on  My Computer and click on properties. On the screen that pops up, look on the top left where you should find “Device Manager” hyperlink click on it.
    2. In the tree hierarchy that shows up, Look for “Sound, video and game controllers” expand the list there you should find 2 entries which says “High Definition Audio Device”. Right click on the first one and click on “Update Driver Software” it should pop up another wizard.
    3. You are given with two options, select the second one which says “Browse my computer for driver software” and now in the succeeding menu you have to point to the path where the drivers you extracted in the first place are located. For example if I’ve extracted it into C:\Driver, you should point to the WDM folder inside it like so Search for driver software in this location: C:\Driver\WDM.
    4. Check the box which says “Include Sub Folders” then click on Next, wait for the installation to finish and then restart WOLLAAAAA HD Audio at your serviceeeee  as simple as that.
    18. října 2011 15:17
    4. Check the box which says “Include Sub Folders” then click on Next, wait for the installation to finish and then restart WOLLAAAAA HD Audio at your serviceeeee :) as simple as that.
    18. října 2011 15:18
  • hi there. yes i have the same problem myself.im running windows 7 prem.i get sound then its in patches then i get nothing.

i tried another sound card and had the same problems. i deleted it off the system and i put on srs audio sandbox and i never had any problems at all. but its not the full version, but i never had any problems with it at all.

my other machine is windows 7 running realtek never had any problems at all. how does that work??????

both of my machines are running gigabyte mother boards with on board sound cards on mother board.

feel free to talk to me..

30. října 2011 6:29
  • hi i have windows 7 prem.i got rid of that completely.and i had the same problems even with on board sound cards on the mother board.

so i downloaded srs sandbox and ive never had a problem at all. i suguest you to get rid of hd realtek off your system completely and install the demo

of srs audio sandbox. and you will be very happy. im streaming using sam broadcaster and i couldnt even use it at all and it kept crashing on me

very badly.

when i put on srs not one iisue atall..

30. října 2011 6:36
  • I uninstalled the IDT program like one of the posters suggested and it worked. Once the laptop restarted it then auto installs a soundcard driver.
    2. prosince 2012 19:20