none
Virtual XP mode

Dotaz

• Hello all!

I want to use hyper terminal on my windows 7 (64-bit) therefore  I have no other option except installing a virtual xp mode pc.But the thing that fears me lest I lose my previous data.Similarly I want to use C-FREE software (which runs well in XP) but its compiler is not supported by 64-bit windows 7 .

help required!

16. února 2012 23:03

Odpovědi

Všechny reakce

• XP Mode is a virtual machine running a preconfigured copy of XP Professional SP3.  XP Mode is a separate virtual computer that run in its own window on your Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate desktop.  It does not affect any programs or data presently running on your Windows 7 installation.  The download site is at

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

16. února 2012 23:19
  • Ok, what do you need help with?

16. února 2012 23:19
  •  

Glad you asked. I posted this somewhere else on Microsoft and was given 2 suggestions. The first didn't work (try clean boot) and the second was to post it here.  Here is my initial post:

I am trying to install XP Mode on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit system and at the end of the setup process I get an error message that states "Could Not Complete Setup, Please try again", I have tried 4 time with the same results and have re-downloaded the files twice. I do have virtualization turned on in the BIOS. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

20. února 2012 21:53