none
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

Dotaz

• Ok i upgraded from Vista SP1 to Windows 7.  Installation went smoothly and Kaspersky was functioning as normal.  However it had 'forgotton' my licence key and when upon trying to re-enter it, it wouldn't let me.

I thought i would uninstall and re-install but now it states i need Windows XP SP2 as a minimum.

I am trying to download the latest version from their website KIV 8.0.0.506

I'll drop them an email but wanted to let you guys know.

If anyone has any thoughts ?

Malc
    10. ledna 2009 23:36

Odpovědi

• ilovedvds said:

Ok i upgraded from Vista SP1 to Windows 7.  Installation went smoothly and Kaspersky was functioning as normal.  However it had 'forgotton' my licence key and when upon trying to re-enter it, it wouldn't let me.

I thought i would uninstall and re-install but now it states i need Windows XP SP2 as a minimum.

Malc

There is a windows 7 specific download available from kapersky. Due to the change in kernel, AV programs will have to be re-installed and usually will require a new download of software not available off your installation CD.
    11. ledna 2009 0:06

Všechny reakce

• ilovedvds said:

Ok i upgraded from Vista SP1 to Windows 7.  Installation went smoothly and Kaspersky was functioning as normal.  However it had 'forgotton' my licence key and when upon trying to re-enter it, it wouldn't let me.

Malc

There is a windows 7 specific download available from kapersky. Due to the change in kernel, AV programs will have to be re-installed and usually will require a new download of software not available off your installation CD.
    11. ledna 2009 0:06
  • Ok i have an update, i used a prior download link that i received when i signed up to the 30day free trial.

I installed that and re-entered my product key (i realised that i was entering the incorrect number)  it has now installed and updated.

So far seems to be working normally again. (version 8.0.0.506)

Malc
    11. ledna 2009 0:07
  • ilovedvds said:

Ok i have an update, i used a prior download link that i received when i signed up to the 30day free trial.

I installed that and re-entered my product key (i realised that i was entering the incorrect number)  it has now installed and updated.

So far seems to be working normally again. (version 8.0.0.506)

Malc

Glad it worked :)
    11. ledna 2009 0:08
  • Thanks for replying.

Just for information, i didnt have an installation CD, i originally downloaded the free trial and then purchased a license.

It may be because i was accessing the software via the 'upgrade' option.

Either way i have the latest version and it works.

Once again thanks for the speedy reply.

Malc
    11. ledna 2009 0:12
  • You realize that Anti-virus version 8.0.0.1015 is the official Windows 7 beta version. I don't use KIS, as I have much more confidence in the Windows Firewall.
    • Upravený DerekSSD 12. ledna 2009 19:53
    11. ledna 2009 2:51
  • The latest build (1050) of Windows 7 compatible version of Kaspersky can be found here: ftp://dnl-eu12.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/8.0.0.1050/wks/English/2008_12_30_20_07/

Activation key - KS7FR-TNCVT-36QG6-6C47Y expires on March 15 2009
    Convert this activation key into .key-file here: https://activation.kaspersky.com/en (ignore customer ID and password fields)

Impossible is nothing
    11. ledna 2009 3:13
  • Maybe i am misunderstanding but i checked out that dev build and that is for Anti virus not Internet Security.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Version 8.0.0.506 seems to be working fine.

Malc
    11. ledna 2009 20:09
  • ilovedvds said:

Maybe i am misunderstanding but i checked out that dev build and that is for Anti virus not Internet Security.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Version 8.0.0.506 seems to be working fine.

Malc

I couldn't get Version 8.0.0.506 to install in Windows 7. Said something about SP2 not installed.

I did however get KIS Version kis8.0.0.454.en to install and work great!!!!
    11. ledna 2009 20:33
  • Yes mine said exactly the same, however i used the link i was given when i originally signed up for the free trial and it downloaded and installed the most up to date version successfully.

I then put my current product key and voila !!

Go figure.

When i click on the support tab it reports the KIS version as 8.0.0.506 and interestingly my operating system as Microsoft Windows NT 6.1 (build7000)

Malc
    12. ledna 2009 19:39