none
Win 7 - Mouse double-click opens more than one copy of target

Dotaz

• Mouse double-click opens more than one copy of target.  This could be multiple copies of IE or opening all emails in a selected group when I was only trying to select them.  The mouse area in the Control Panel does not seem to address this problem.  You can change the Mouse double-click selection speed but not the repeat timing of continuing to hold the button down.

Using 64bit Win 7 Ultimate on HP xw6200 workstation, dual 3.6GHz processor

Is there anywhere to change the repeat timing on the select button.

Thanks for any help.

30. března 2012 22:59

Odpovědi

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

Please test the issue in Safe Modeand Clean Bootenvironment.

If the issue persists, please remove and reinstall all USB controller.

Best Regards,

Kim Zhou

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

3. dubna 2012 9:22
  • uninstall the mouse drivers from devices manager and reconnect the mouse and install the proper mouse driver. also connect another mouse to know the problem is with hardware or windows setting.
    3. dubna 2012 12:19
  • Just in case, it might be possible that somehow the default setting for item selection and opening has got changed.

Please open Windows Explorer > Click Organize dropdown from the toolbar > Select Folder and search options. On the General tab, make sure the last setting is set to Double-click to open an item (single-click to select) (Or text with similar meaning - I am working on Windows XP at the moment).

If not, change the setting to it's default and click OK.

3. dubna 2012 14:05
  • I recommended to check Kb article it will help you,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266738

still problem please connect another mouse and   know the problem is with hardware or windows setting.

some time mouse problem.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

4. dubna 2012 10:50