none
Webcam Genius i-Look 317

Dotaz

• Hello...

I've installed a Genius i-Look 317 webcam, and doesn't recognise it..

I've used XP-32 and Vista-32 drivers and non of them worked..

It only detect the microphone..

Anyone have the same problem?..

1. března 2009 0:59

Odpovědi

• Hello,

I'd suggest installing the previous driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and reinstall that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the Vista driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

5. března 2009 8:32

Všechny reakce

• There is no real work around for a device that lacks a working driver in Windows. You will need to contact the maker for a working version, or use another cam.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    2. března 2009 16:03
  • Hello,

I'd suggest installing the previous driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and reinstall that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the Vista driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

5. března 2009 8:32
  • Properties of iLook317 on Device Manager"
    Device Type: Imaging devices
    Manufacturer: KYE
    Device Status: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
    13. března 2009 5:05
  • I've the same problem with drivers downloaded from geniusnet website, but I found this drivers http://www.4shared.com/file/104448700/993b4afc/VideoCAM_Look.html
    and now Windows7  detects camera and microphone, but I still have a problem, when I turn ON the camera the image is black, obscure.
    And when I modify in Properties the USB bandwith (unmark Auto) the camera start to show the camera in normal mode, but few seconds latter the windows 7 crashes in a bluescreen error.

But I haven´t tried install the drivers with compatibility. I´ll try. Sorry for my English
    19. července 2009 15:37