none
error code in windows defender

Dotaz

• Hi 

I have tried to find a solution before posting but have failed. I keep getting error code 0x8050800c, 0x8050a004 from windows defender and computer keeps crashing. I've tried repairing xp, scf /scannow and all other possible solutions but no luck so far. 

OS Xp home edition 

version 2002 - sp 3

all updates installed - triple checked and virus-free as much as I can tell from the various software I have used to make sure. 

Any idea would be most appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

8. listopadu 2011 13:53

Odpovědi

• Hi,

You may refer to the following KB article to troubleshoot:

Troubleshooting Windows Defender

Also, please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows XP Forum for discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    10. listopadu 2011 6:00

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

You may refer to the following KB article to troubleshoot:

Troubleshooting Windows Defender

Also, please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows XP Forum for discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    10. listopadu 2011 6:00
  • Thanks a million for getting back so quickly!!!

I am very sorry for posting at the wrong forum but I had never experienced such a problem before and I was really frustrated.

Nevertheless I feel I should say that THIS FORUM REALLY ROCKS !!!

Never before have I received a really helpful answer so quickly!!!

Thanks again!!!

12. listopadu 2011 20:04