none
Repeat keys stop working on Virtual PC

Dotaz

• I am running Virtual PC 2007 (6.0) on a Windows XP host. My virtual boxes are all Windows Server 2003. Every so often, my repeat keys stop working. For example, normally in windows if you hold down any key (space bar, x, whatever) for half a second the key starts repeating. In ALL of my virtual boxes, the repeat key doesn't work. Restarting a single virtual instance doesn't help. The only thing that seems to work is rebooting the host, which is a real pain as I am running Domain Controllers, etc. on all the virtual boxes.

Is there a fix out there for this? Google was not my friend on this issue.

Christopher W. Douglas

27. února 2012 17:02

Všechny reakce

• Are you up to date on service packs?  SP1 and the hotfix rollup: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958162

Are you using a PS/2 or USB keyboard, or a KVM?  Don't think it would matter, but can't hurt swapping the keyboard type as a test (if possible).

Also, check to see if you have kind of power management on the host that may be causing the CPU to slow down.

27. února 2012 21:57
  • Are you up to date on service packs?  SP1 and the hotfix rollup: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958162

SP2 on the host machine.

>Are you using a PS/2 or USB keyboard, or a KVM?  Don't think it would matter, but can't hurt swapping the keyboard type as a test (if possible).

USB, no KVM. Again, the problem goes away if I reboot the host. This seems to crop up every month or so. It may be a memory leak in Virtual PC.

>Also, check to see if you have kind of power management on the host that may be causing the CPU to slow down.

I don't see any. I am pretty much just running Virtual PC on the host.

Thanks for offering suggestions.

Christopher W. Douglas

28. února 2012 14:14
  • Is VPC updated to the latest service packs and the hotfix rollup?  Host service packs don't update VPC.
    28. února 2012 17:05
  • It is version 6.0.156.0, not sure if that is the latest version or not. However, the software had been working fine for over a year, this problem just started happening the last couple of months. It is a standalone machine, and hasn't had any new software in the year I have been using it.

Christopher W. Douglas

1. března 2012 11:31