none
USMT: Question about defaults vs. miguser,migapp,migdoc

Frage

• Hello.

I'm learning my way around USMT 4.0 and I have a question regarding it's default behaviour versus using it with miguser.xml, migapp.xml and migdoc.xml.  What is the difference between running USMT without any /i switches and running it with /i and specifying those three files.  If I'm not modifying the default behaviour at all by creating a config.xml file or modifying miguser,migapp,migdoc directly (or even creating my own xml file) what is the difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 15:36

Antworten

• Hi,

Please check if the following article is helpful.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd560793(v=ws.10)

The MigApp.xml file. Specify this file with both the ScanState and LoadState commands to migrate application settings to computers.

The MigUser.xml file. Specify this file with both the ScanState and LoadState commands to migrate user folders, files, and file types to computers.

The MigDocs.xml file. Specify this file with both the ScanState and LoadState tools to migrate all user folders and files that are found by the MigXmlHelper.GenerateDocPatterns helper function. This helper function finds user data that resides on the root of any drive and in the Users directory. However, it does not find and migrate any application data, program files, or any files in the Windows directory. You can modify the MigDocs.xml file.

Niki
    TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are
    TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Montag, 11. Juni 2012 07:33

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

Please check if the following article is helpful.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd560793(v=ws.10)

The MigApp.xml file. Specify this file with both the ScanState and LoadState commands to migrate application settings to computers.

The MigUser.xml file. Specify this file with both the ScanState and LoadState commands to migrate user folders, files, and file types to computers.

The MigDocs.xml file. Specify this file with both the ScanState and LoadState tools to migrate all user folders and files that are found by the MigXmlHelper.GenerateDocPatterns helper function. This helper function finds user data that resides on the root of any drive and in the Users directory. However, it does not find and migrate any application data, program files, or any files in the Windows directory. You can modify the MigDocs.xml file.

Niki
    If you are
    TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here

Niki Han

Montag, 11. Juni 2012 07:33
  • Hi,

Is the information helpful?

Niki
    If you are

Niki Han

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012 02:36
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, I assume the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous information should be helpful. If you have any question, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we'd love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Niki

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Niki Han

Montag, 18. Juni 2012 02:43