none
0xc000000f missing or crupt winload.exe

Frage

• I have had vista for a bit now and in the last few weeks it has been slower to boot, both on XP and the vista. last night shutting down it took forever to restart so I could log in to xp for a min. after sitting there long enuff I hit the rest button, did my business on xp then back to vist. then I get the error 0Xc000000f windows faild to boot, Windows\System32\winload.exe is crupt or missing. I tryed to use the CD but I can't seem to boot from dvd on my computer (I installed it when I was on XP as a dule boot) can I just download this file some where?
    Freitag, 25. August 2006 09:56

Antworten

• From the vista DVD do the repair I believe it is called and this should clear up your issues.
    Mittwoch, 13. September 2006 18:44

Alle Antworten

•  

I have the same 0xc000000f msg. But it say File:\$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\drivers\Imagedrv.SYS and I realy don't know what to do. Any body can help??????

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen rnest Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2009 23:51
    Mittwoch, 6. September 2006 18:03
  • From the vista DVD do the repair I believe it is called and this should clear up your issues.
    Mittwoch, 13. September 2006 18:44
  • Repair did not work, nor could it find any Restore points.  I gave up and reinstalled it. when I did I trayed to see if it had auto restore to turn it on, and I only seen that it had to creat one. Does Vista not have auto creat restore points?
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen sabahAL-Sadi Dienstag, 3. November 2009 18:33
    Montag, 18. September 2006 12:19
  • Vista does create auto restore points but your failure happened before a restore point was automatically set.  Vista should be smarter and automatically create a restore point on the first successful boot but it does not. 

To fix this issue next time, boot to Vista RE, select Command Prompt, type the following (anything inside the parens is a comment):

C:  (assumes the C drive is the default) 

CD Boot

Dir                                                 

(look to see if the BCD file is missing - it probably is.)

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

(Let the script run and it should rebuild the BCD and the issue should be resolved)    

Good Luck

Speed44

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen tasha37 Samstag, 19. Juni 2010 11:08
    Mittwoch, 20. September 2006 13:55
  • this command does not work

bootrec

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen mohammad_ha_62 Sonntag, 15. Januar 2012 08:46
    Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 09:20
  • If you are dual booting with linux (heaven forbid people do that with M$ installed), then you need to make the vista partition the active partition (boot into linux and run fdisk /dev/<harddrive> and then p to print the partitions, then a, and then choose the number of the vista partition. Press w to write it, then reboot. Boot into the Vista cd and do the repair. For some reason, Vista will not repair, nor find itself, if it's not the active partition.
    I was getting the 0xc000000e error and this fixed it.
    Donnerstag, 1. März 2007 19:09
  • what if you can't get to c:/prompt????
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen rnest Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2009 23:55
    Mittwoch, 14. März 2007 05:34
  • I'm having the same problems - however I can't get the above commands to work ...

i've reloaded vista 3 times now, the issue happens when I try to update windows components - system resotre doesn't help (even doing manually system restore doesn't) - which makes me think the issue is to do with the process of the upgrade, not system restore itself... any other ideas/suggestions?

thanks,

Samstag, 12. Mai 2007 12:50
  •  bigmarcelo wrote:

I'm having the same problems - however I can't get the above commands to work ...

i've reloaded vista 3 times now, the issue happens when I try to update windows components - system resotre doesn't help (even doing manually system restore doesn't) - which makes me think the issue is to do with the process of the upgrade, not system restore itself... any other ideas/suggestions?

thanks,

I too have re-downloaded the full version of Vista and it still has the same message. Is the download version from digital locker possibly missing this file?

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007 22:12
  • I just have Vista O/S running - nothing else... however I have 4 HDDs, and some of those used to hold OS in previous incarnations (XP pro & home) ... any tips of how I  can check if any of the HDDs still has an active partition in them and how to change it?

thanks again,

Regards,

Marcelo

PS: If I have a CD in the drive... it boots correctly, ie: it checks C:/ afterwards ....

Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2007 07:00
  • Your answer does not apply if customer has purchased a Windows Vista Upgrade - it is not a bootable DVD

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2008 17:13
  • I bought my computer last year with windows vista pre installed

I do not have the dvd to do the repair

And the shop wants to charge a small fortune to do it.

Any suggestions

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2008 21:16
  • I have a similar problem after updating my laptop last night.  No access to an installation disc (both manufacturer and Microsoft refuse to assist in this), and cannot get a C:\ prompt.

Most grateful for any help on this!

Freitag, 15. Februar 2008 08:28
  • I had a similar problem with Vista Home Premium 32 Bit (it also said winload.exe would be missing or corrupt) and for me the workaround was quite easy.

Simply boot from the Vista DVD, go to the repair options (if you cannot select any valid current installtions of Windows do it without selecting anything; it will work) and from there open the command promt. And no do a simple copy:
    Code Snippet

copy c:\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe c:\windows\system32\

that did it for me. But of course it is somehow strange cause what happend that Vista wasn't able to locate the winload.exe itself (I just always auto updated my Vista and installed KB938371 manually as it didn't work in the auto update).

Regards

Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008 19:16
  • I too have had this issue.  I also came up with the above solution, however the problem remains in a different form.  I copy winload, I boot up my computer, Vista installs the same updates again and again, and then I get the same message, and have to repeat the process. I need to know what the PROBLEM is, before I can find the solution. 
    Sonntag, 2. März 2008 17:52
  • Hi there, I was running vista fine for ages then all of a sudden bam the same error came up( win load). After several scratches of my head i tried everything i could think of, repairing etc nothing worked. Then i tried to install windows xp pro on same pc same hd, same error. Then i tried putting the hd i was trying to install to into my xp pro pc it came up with same error. I then tried installing vista on a different drive and it worked, this may not work for everyone but it worked for me, dont know whether the drive was knacked but it did not like it.

lee

Montag, 3. März 2008 11:08
  • This is great!

What do you do when you have a system with Vista pre-loaded?

Run the recovery disks and lose all your info and start over? Why isn't there a "repair" option included with the OS?

Oh, right, I have to shell out 200 bucks to upgrade to the "Ultimate" edition!

If someone would like to send me the "DVD", I'd be happy to attempt the repair!!!!

Since that's not likely, what other solutions are there for resolving this issue?

Gman

Donnerstag, 20. März 2008 23:29
  • I had the same issue and tried copying the winload.exe file and pasting back into system32 folder with no lock.

I went to http://coblitz.codeen.org/neosmart.net/downloads/guides/Vista_Repair/Vista_Recovery_Disc_x86.iso downloaded the iso, burned the cd and booted it. Selected my language and at the bottom right clicked the Repair option. Windows does a quick scan then came back and said it found an issue with my startup file and asked if i wanted to repair and reboot. I chose ok and reboot was successful!

-Hibitabop

Freitag, 28. März 2008 19:04
  •  Anonymousgman2b wrote:

This is great!

Run the recovery disks and lose all your info and start over? Why isn't there a "repair" option included with the OS?

If someone would like to send me the "DVD", I'd be happy to attempt the repair!!!!

Since that's not likely, what other solutions are there for resolving this issue?

Gman

Hate to say this on an M$ forum, but eh... Download a copy of the Vista DVD? USe that to do the repair? I'm sure there's some torrents out there... I wouldn't know where to look for them, but...

Mittwoch, 2. April 2008 09:31
  • I have the same Winload problem on my laptop, but the recovery disk that comes with it only has 3 options, all involve re-formatting or re-partitioning I dont want to do that yet. Could someone please give me aniother solution?  (Downloading torrents is out of the question due to bandwidth)
    Donnerstag, 17. April 2008 01:28
  •  Anonymousgman2b wrote:

This is great!

Gman

IF.... you have a second system, or a way of using someone else’s computer to backup your data try the following.

1) Buy a bridge cable ($15), IDE/SATA to USB, transfer your data to another system.

2) Slave your non-bootable drive in a friends system, and again transfer your data.

3) Or borrow your friends OS Disc.... perform an install on the same partition as your current Vista. (The contents of your C:\ driver are stored in C:\Windows.old)

For option three: When you are prompted to enter your CD key use yours, or uncheck the option to automatically activate. Select the OS for the key you have, and then perform the install. You will have 30 days to activate the software etc, but that gives you plenty of time to back up your info.

After you have all your important files run the restore... etc.

Or you can try and get a OS CD from your OEM who ever that might be. Dell is the easiest they have online request forms if you where part of their Media Reduction Initiative. But, all in all if you get escalated enough (ie ask for managers) they should be able to bite it and send you a disc. Just depends on the level of effort, and time you want to spend on the phone.

Donnerstag, 24. April 2008 13:52
  • windows update start up fix probleam to get err cod 0xc000000f

Samstag, 31. Mai 2008 01:21
  • I have tried this several times on a HP 2710p Tablet and it fails to fix the problem.

I am almost at the point where I will have to re-load completely.

Can you help me avoid this?

Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008 15:31
  • i need winload.exe is very very important because my computer is bad i need infomation of my pc please help me

Samstag, 26. Juli 2008 13:16
  • the system could not find the file specified. what is 'code Snippet' anyway?

Montag, 25. August 2008 02:48
  •  Nneuromancer wrote:
    I have had vista for a bit now and in the last few weeks it has been slower to boot, both on XP and the vista. last night shutting down it took forever to restart so I could log in to xp for a min. after sitting there long enuff I hit the rest button, did my business on xp then back to vist. then I get the error 0Xc000000f windows faild to boot, Windows\System32\winload.exe is crupt or missing. I tryed to use the CD but I can't seem to boot from dvd on my computer (I installed it when I was on XP as a dule boot) can I just download this file some where?
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen allowingrabbet Freitag, 12. Februar 2010 08:57
    Mittwoch, 27. August 2008 03:00
  • I encountered this problem aswell. In my case the reason is pretty funny to be honest. I have a USB printer installed and if i turn the printer off after i shutted down windows, my winload.exe will be lost or corrupted. The solution for me is to take out the printer and boot windows and install the printer again.

All other solutions don't work for me because when i try to find my harddrive containing windows in the Prompt, i cant find it. It's simply not there.

Samstag, 11. Oktober 2008 10:13
  • my hard drive is simply missing as stated after trying to do a repair, status code 0xc000000f, file:\boot\bcd

I have contacted dell about this but as itll take days for them to reply does anyone have a fix for this?

I cant get into safe mode, can't do a restore, I can get into cmd but I have tried all other responses on this thread in cmd and none of them work. I really need to get into this somehow as I have alot of files to take off before doing a clean boot.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I will pass on any responses I get from dell also which may help someone else

Thank you

Montag, 27. Oktober 2008 18:12
  •  

Ok this did the trick for me and its very easy.

To fix this issue, boot to Vista RE, select Command Prompt, type the following;

bootrec.exe /fixboot

and restart ur pc it should work, if not use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-us and follow the steps.

Freitag, 14. November 2008 13:22
  • thanks for the reply, i contacted dell about it and they said it was a software problem and wanted 89 euro to fix it so i told them to get lost. I got my installation vista dvd that came with the laptop and did a reinstallation without formatting the hard drive first so all my files and folders were saved on the computer in a folder called Windows.Old, so i could take them off and save them on an external hard drive, i then went back and did a clean reinstallation formatting the hard drive and its working fine now.

Montag, 17. November 2008 11:29
  • Executar os comandos em modo de recuperação (Repair Mode), no Windows VISTA / Windows 2008:

c:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {default} device partition=c:
     c:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {default} osdevice partition=c:
     c:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=c:

Att,

Luiz Pena.
    Montag, 24. November 2008 13:57
  •  montymole wrote:

Hi there, I was running vista fine for ages then all of a sudden bam the same error came up( win load). After several scratches of my head i tried everything i could think of, repairing etc nothing worked. Then i tried to install windows xp pro on same pc same hd, same error. Then i tried putting the hd i was trying to install to into my xp pro pc it came up with same error. I then tried installing vista on a different drive and it worked, this may not work for everyone but it worked for me, dont know whether the drive was knacked but it did not like it.

lee

Was your seemingly faulty hard drive SCSI or IDE/ATA?

I'm asking because I have the same Vista error (winload corrupt) on my SCSI hard drive. I've re-installed Vista 3 times, and each time it would work for a month or two then the error would come back.

Tried repair funtion on the DVD to no avail.

ChkDsk.exe (ran from DVD command prompt) comes back with "File record segment **** is unreadable", where **** indicates the segment (and there was 1000s of read errors on the drive) my gut tells me the hdd is irreperably damaged, but then why does Vista re-install if there's disk-read errors?

If my hdd can't be read, how can it be written to?

If anyone else can provide feedback too, I'd appreciate it.
    Montag, 1. Dezember 2008 10:19
  • Well.... 1 month with my new baby Asus G50V and puff it appened.

I made some vista updates and it came out:

Windows failed to start... bla bla bla

\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

0xc0000221

When I try to restore the windows with the restore disk that came with the laptop I get this:

Windows start to loading files ( ok ...) and then:

Windows failed to start... bla bla bla

\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

0xc0000221

I supose the restore menu from the windows would come out, but it didn't.

Don't know what to make, and don't know if I install the XP OS it will cost me the warranty.

Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2008 21:59
  • Using Vista 32bit and have been for about 2 years. Last month ...pow.....  every time I reboot, windows tell me I have a boot/bcd 0xc000000f. I Boot with CD and do the repair. But every time I reboot I get the same error..... WHAT CAUSES this ?
    Hard Drive is OK.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen 19gom Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009 19:44
    Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2008 04:26
  • Hi I new to this,however I too have fell to this error after 18 months using Vista.I have tried evry thing on the forums but nothing worked,until I took the hard drive out of laptop & place the drive into 2.5 caddy,then plug it into another computer. I then used windows xp too check the disk & did a defrag. Once done I replaced into back into the laptop & it worked -to date Ive had no problem.
    The only mistake I made was when I was using system restore in the beginning I went back too far & LOST SOME PROGRAMS, but at least its workin ok now! So try this it may work for you ll. 
    Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009 19:51
  • Same problem!!  But now it is confirmed for me that after using windows/microsoft OS's for quite some years now that it actually all sucks!

Its nothing to do with my hdd...I have had 64 and x86 vista on a partitioned drive for many months. the 64 wont boot due to the winload problem and this all started after it installed a microsoft auto update. I am able to access all my files and folders from the 32 bit partition and even use them from where they sit but its bloody inconvenient! I have done everything that the repair console asks, including disconnect all USB devices and yet nada! I have even tried to find the file from within C: and D: so that I can copy it and paste it in? If that would work but I'm clutching at straws here! I am reluctant to transfer 250 gb of data across...just to put it all back again, and probably for the same thing to happen again! so...therefore....confirmation that windows sucks!!

Linux...here I come!!
    Samstag, 18. April 2009 16:33
  • Ah... "should". What a wonderful word, and how Microsoft loves to tease us with it.

My brother had a similar issue. Dual boot with XP 32-bit and Vista 64-bit. Winload.exe missing was the error message. Repair from the Vista disc was ineffective.

The initial problem appeared to be heat-related. The PC would instantly shut down after a short time running either in the XP or Vista partition, and a quick inspection showed the heat sink wasn't very firmly attached. Once that was resolved, the PC wouldn't boot at all - trying to boot into Vista the winload.exe error occurred.

I thought perhaps I'm not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to Vista but I know a colleague often fixes XP boot problems on a failing HDD by using the following technique:
    1. Boot into command prompt.
    2. RENAME the problem file from (say) file.sys to file.bak (command: "ren file.sys file.bak" - don't delete or move or anything else!)
    3. COPY the renamed file back to its original file name (command: "copy file.bak file.sys")

The reason for doing things this way is, if the disk is failing, a bad sector might be causing Windows to be unable to read the file 100% of the time. But if you can get a copy of the file, very often that copy is OK. But you must make sure the existing bad area of the disk is still occupied with the original (faulty) file - this prevents the bad area of the disk from being re-used. That's why you first rename the "bad" file and then copy it to a different location.

Then, if you can reboot, it's time to run scandisk or checkdisk (for XP or Vista, respectively) and mark bad areas on the disk. It's also time to take a ghost image or copy all your data to another location and replace your hard disk - it's a matter of time before more errors occur.

So, that's what I did - but it didn't work. I couldn't copy the file because it was missing! What could make the file disappear? Being deleted or moved would be the obvious answers, possibly due to a virus or some other malware. Since I couldn't boot I couldn't run a scan for those, and it is very unlikely my brother would muck around with these files. It was very strange. At any rate, I read in another forum that this file is the Vista boot loader for multi-OS systems. I also read of a BCEDIT utility which can automatically repair the bootloader, but this didn't work either. Copying another winload.exe was very unlikely to work but we tried it anyway - and were unable to even do it.

So the next idea was that we would reinstall XP, hoping that in the process of doing so we could rebuild the bootloader and go from there. However, before we got around to doing this, the KISS principle kicked in and we disconnected everything but the bare bones basics from the computer. It turns out the problem was the second monitor. Vista suddenly started to boot without errors, and we eventually found the second monitor was the culprit.

I have read that switching from VGA to DVI or vice versa has solved this for other people. I suspect an update to a video card driver has caused this - I haven't investigated it further, however, but the configuration was fine from day 1 and suddenly failed, so something must have changed.

I would strongly suggest simplifying your system as much as possible if you have multiple monitors.
    Dienstag, 21. April 2009 00:47
  • Nice one jiggus!

It is as a result of updates that this problem has happened. I have a 26" HD monitor that I only run thru RGB. When I connected DVI I am unable to configure my sound properties so I do not use this mode. NVIDIA send me updates which I no longer accept as they are not compatible with either 64 or 32 bit on my system, the updates cause the screen to flash when hardware is used (CD DVD USB entered or removed) I am firmly in the belief that it may be a HP update which has caused this problem. I get the boot screen and then the flash that tells me it is configuring updates, Stage 3 of 3, 0% complete, do not turn off....etc etc and then it cuts off. I have tried the same methods as you although I do not use DVI and dual monitor and so this will not be the cause. Again, the winload file is missing so it cannot be renamed or copied and moved. I have already run check disk thru all 3 partitions and it has showed no problems. the test that shows a problem is on the repair interface when the repair facility is used from the OS disc. it tells me it is repaired and to restart and then......sod all! The HDD is less than 6mths old.

It aint the end of the world, I'll remove the data and then bin the 64 and then, just for a laugh, i'll put a new 64 on and then i'll install windows 7 as well, just to see what a pile of shite that is also.

Thanks for the help!
    Dienstag, 21. April 2009 17:35
  • Lol well i bought my ne hp dv7 1275dx last week with windows vista pre installed. It ws even labelled premium and the a shiny warranty!!! I never liked vista but laptops which are vista-less are extinct if u exclude mac. I aint a mac guy but m reeeeeally tempted to go all mac. Same error pops up, now tryin to restore the disc and the operator says I need to try recovery since we exhausted all options.

SO this is what i am gonna try doin:

1) try system restore 3 times
    if that does work
    2)try acquiring a windows Vista premium X 64 (yep these are ard to find too) from a friend and repairing windows
    and if that too cant happen
    3)gonna try creating a temp win xp partition on an external drive and then back up data for system -delete all info - a.k.a recovery
    and if that tooo doesn work
    4) try pluggin ma pals comp to my laptop and try the above
    and if that tooo then
    5)microsoft better forgive for trying to get a copy off of torrents and repairing the whole thing.....

GOD help US all
    Freitag, 5. Juni 2009 15:34
  • the vista upgrade dvd is bootable as you can use it to do a clean install
    Montag, 15. Juni 2009 11:47
  •  I just repaired this problem on one of my own computers.

Quote off my own forum

"I had only just installed Vista on my computer in the previous 24 hours.  Darn it it sure is a big monster taking up over 15GB.  The install went relatively quickly but the updates took some time to download and install.  I only have 33 GB of space to mess around with as my primary hard drives are scsi in a raid configuration.  The system seemed to be ok for a while but then I noticed the hard drives were constantly churning away and my cpu load was 100%!.  Next thing it auto-rebooted to a black screen with a warning about winload.exe.  Running Vista repair did nothing.  Thank goodness I am running 2 computers and both have access to the internet. 

After searching and searching for a working solution on the net I more or less gave up but I did see some reference that winload.exe was either corrupted or missing entirely!  Well I thought why not take it off my working computer and install it on the damaged one?  I located it in windows\system32 and it was small enough to fit on a floppy disk, which I did.  I then restarted my damaged computer with the Vista installation DVD and ran dos prompt from the repair screen.  These are the steps and commands I used to transfer the file over to my c drive from the floppy disk:

cd\a:

copy winload.exe c:\windows\system32

Restarted my computer and it worked! 

Other steps I took to stop the processor being over loaded was to type msconfig into the run box and untick all the startup boxes.  On restart the computer was running much quieter.  I then uninstalled a few programs that might have been causing a conflict and now the computer is fine – again!

Might be a good idea if you backup winload.exe onto a floppy or cd of your own for future reference Wink .

Should you desperately need this file then you can download mine here: http://mkj-reviews.co.uk/files/winload.exe. The above file is off Vista Homebasic but might well work on any Vista installation – I am not at all sure about that mind.  If you do use it make sure you virus check it before use even though I have already.  Put it on a floppy or cd/dvd and carry out the above proceedure.  Hopefully it will work for you too."

My computer is up and running again now and seems fine.  Hope the above works for you too!

My Software Ezine Site http://mkj-reviews.co.uk
    Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2009 15:02
  • I have read everyone's issues as well as fixes, but the problem that I am having is that I cannot even access DOS or the CD itself to retrieve the c:\windows\system32 file. When i go to re-install windows, it reaches the screen after the windows logo and sits at a black screen with a mouse pointer.

I cannot open in safe mode (any of them)...

At this point, i just want to reinstall windows... all of my data on this drive is on a partition ( i really cant afford to lose it)

do i have any options other then buying a new HD, installing a fresh OS and then trying to pull my data off the other drive and reformatting ( if i can)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Dienstag, 7. Juli 2009 15:06
  • Hey man....

put your vista cd in restart... press the ESC button when its starting to come back on until a window pops up... select your CD or DVD rom

press any key to load from cd..

then once the cd loads click next then at the bottom click "repair"

then it will scan for windows.. click next once its done... its going to scan again.. If it does detect a problem it will attempt to perform a Startup Repair to automatically fix these problems. If you would like to allow this process to continue . Otherwise click on the Cancel button and select the View advanced options for system recovery and support option to see the list of recovery tools.

let it try to rapir it on its own first.. if it doesnt follow instructions above by pressing the cancel button.. then goto command prompt... type in the following..

chkdsk C:

once that is done run

fixmbr

then restart and it should work
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen SlightlyCasual Mittwoch, 5. August 2009 19:51
    Mittwoch, 5. August 2009 19:45
  • Hi I am running vista and it was working fine until I installed some windows updates. Now when I load the computer i get error message:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
    1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose your language settings and then click next.
    3. Click repair your computer.

blah blah blah ....

File: \windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the appplication is missing or corrupt.

I do NOT have a disc as the laptop did not come with one. So I was wandering if i can do anything else. I think I can get into the BIOS settings but I can't see anything in there that can help me. I can't get into any commands like, run in safe mode, restore, repair, last good known config - etc ... like I could on my other laptop that did this. So I really don't know what to do ... am I screwed without the disc ???

Thanks
    Donnerstag, 13. August 2009 07:22
  • I am having the same problem as of 08/21/09.  I  am just trying tofigure out what to do!!!  Please help me!  Thank you and God bless!!

Shawn Stopper
    Sonntag, 23. August 2009 16:10
  • same happens with mine this is what i get. I Have the satellite A135-s2326 Laptop and i get this.

Windows failed to start up. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

2.choose your language settings and then click next.
    3.click "repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\ststem32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I have the Toshiba recovery and applications/ Drivers
    Satellite A130/A135 series
    windows vista home basic 32-bit  CD,

but the computer does not load the CD. What should i do???
    Freitag, 28. August 2009 00:34
  • same happens with mine this is what i get. I Have the satellite A135-s2326 Laptop and i get this.

Windows failed to start up. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

2.choose your language settings and then click next.
    3.click "repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\ststem32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I have the Toshiba recovery and applications/ Drivers
    Satellite A130/A135 series
    windows vista home basic 32-bit  CD,

but the computer does not load the CD. What should i do???

Same here Satellite L300/L300D Toshiba Windows vista home Pre. as OS. I tried to load the XP [Pro] cd, just to try to install xp on the D:\ drive but it just don´t detect it...
    Not even the C:\ drive, but the BIOS does.

When I try to enter it says:

2. Choose your language settings and then click next.
    3. Click "Repair your computer."

Info: Error when trying to chose boot: It is not possible to have access to a required device.

When I try to install/repair it says:

The installation program found no drivers installed on your computer.

Make sure the disk drives are turned on or properly connected to your computer and the configuration of any hardware associated with the disk is correct. You may have to run a diagnostic program or facility provided by the manufacturer.

Setup can not continue. To quit press F3
    [It´s not 100% correct because it was in spanish]

What migth have happened:

My "Windows Update " installed something wich need a special device or something...
    A strong virus infected all my HHDs
    Dxdiag "Killed" one of my hardware devices

--------------------------------------------------------------
    By the way it´s brand new ! and it has important software you can´t just adquire from a normal shop...
    Also the last thing I did before this happened was run the Dxdiag so that migth be the reason.

NOTE: I can´t enter in safe mode, repair , restore , do last good config or enter in safe mode with commands...

Thanks taking your time to read this.
    Hope there is a solution
    -Regards
    Freitag, 16. Oktober 2009 16:13
  • Please, I have NO idea what Vista DVD is. Where can I find it? Thanks
    Sonntag, 3. Januar 2010 00:06
  • fyi: I am triple booting w/Vista/XP/Linux Fedora: this is 1 of numerous times that this has happened to me: the results are due to updates that have failed...........when windows attempt to revert changes it loses the winload.exe file.........Because "XP" was not affected, I was able to copy the winload file from the disk to the "Vista" file.......Started up fine........I will however do a system restore to insure that all changes revert back to where it was before vista attempted to update the "service pak" and manually perform the service pak............afterwards I will do a chkdsk to validate file corrections.......................
    Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010 01:59
  • I am having an issue with the same error (0xc000000f) but it's for the \ntldr.  I don't have a Vista DVD to repair the installation.  What else can I do in order to dual boot xp and vista?  I have tried everything suggested on the site that follows.  http://www.syschat.com/dual-boot-vista-xp-vista-already-42-1946.html
    Samstag, 6. Februar 2010 02:11
  • I have had vista for a bit now and in the last few weeks it has been slower to boot, both on XP and the vista. last night shutting down it took forever to restart so I could log in to xp for a min. after sitting there long enuff I hit the rest button, did my business on xp then back to vist. then I get the error 0Xc000000f windows faild to boot, Windows\System32\winload.exe is crupt or missing. I tryed to use the CD but I can't seem to boot from dvd on my computer (I installed it when I was on XP as a dule boot) can I just download this file some where?

i used install cd from windows vista and i did a chkdsk with manual repairtool in prompt from disk
    Used chkdsk /f - he repair entrees and stuff,
    rebooted after 5 min and vista worked again.
    Seems i had 4kb in badsectors, so prob sucky disc after 2 years having this pc.
    Mittwoch, 10. Februar 2010 22:59
  • run on command prompt "bcdedit /deletevalue {default} hal"
    run on command prompt "bcdedit /deletevalue {default} detecthal"

run both command without quotion mark, then restart your computer...
    • Bearbeitet anton-w Freitag, 5. März 2010 16:13 accurate
    Freitag, 5. März 2010 15:29
  • i am having the same winload problem after using the recovery disks i made for my amilo 2515 laptop.  how do i get to the command prompt from the initial boot manager screen? Thanks.

Samstag, 1. Mai 2010 12:59
  • You can use a WinPE disk to fix up the boot loader without doing an OS repair. Just boot to the WinPE command prompt, and use these commands:

bcdedit /set {default} device partition=C:
    bcdedit /set {default} osdevice partition=C:
    bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=C:

or (Optional) bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=C:        // Active partition

Note: “C:” might be something else if you’re booting from an odd place, or have more than one bootable partition. You get the idea, though.

Post take from here: http://vinf.net/2008/02/03/problems-restoring-a-non-sysprep-vista-image-using-diskpart-imagex/

Mca
    Montag, 3. Mai 2010 14:13
  • Ha! WinPE my left rear end.

It's my frakkin WinPE disc that's causing the error.

Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2010 19:30
  • Hi,

I got error  message: (0xc000000e)! only If i store the captured image on Network Share and Apply form Network share.

If I skip the Network share and capture the image into a USB instead of Network share ... and it worked fine without any issue... thats strange , can some have idea why this hhappen on Network share.

Any Idea ?

Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2010 17:38

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2010 01:13

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2010 01:16
  • Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2010 21:00

• This solution did not work out for me..
    Donnerstag, 18. November 2010 12:31

• By copying the winload.exe from boot folder to the system 32 folder - issue is being resolved. Thanks,

Donnerstag, 18. November 2010 12:33
  • What do you do if the laptop did not come with a Vista DVD??
    Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2011 21:02
  • Vista does create auto restore points but your failure happened before a restore point was automatically set.  Vista should be smarter and automatically create a restore point on the first successful boot but it does not. 

To fix this issue next time, boot to Vista RE, select Command Prompt, type the following (anything inside the parens is a comment):

C:  (assumes the C drive is the default) 

CD Boot

Dir                                                 

(look to see if the BCD file is missing - it probably is.)

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

(Let the script run and it should rebuild the BCD and the issue should be resolved)    

Good Luck

Speed44

THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!!!! If you are trying to solve the problem in windows 8 all you need to do is 

-Rebuildbcd like he had mentioned

-Choose to boot from a different operating system in Windows Recovery Environment and select the Third copy of Windows 8

-Restart

Montag, 25. Juni 2012 21:17
  •  

I have the same 0xc000000f msg. But it say File:\$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\drivers\Imagedrv.SYS and I realy don't know what to do. Any body can help??????

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2013 08:34