none
Resource file <C_PsdRsDll> not found!

Frage

• Hey, ive had this problem for sometime now and its really been annoying me,
    whenever i start my computer, click on the computer icon or right click on any application i get this message appearing

Resource file <C_PsdRsDll> not found!

Could someone tell me what it means and how i solve the problem?

thanks
    cobran
    Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2007 16:15

Antworten

• Problem solved!!!!
    After a lot of searching and googling, I've found out, that the error is generated by some Hewlett-Packard software. More precisely, by a software called Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools. I've tried first to repair it (Control Panel, Add/Remove), but it didn't solve my problem. So I ended removing the application. And voila, the error is gone. Yay.
    It is a bit strange, that HP isn't aware of this bug. I think it was some conflict between the app and a some software I've install later on my computer. Which one? I hove no idea. But I'm glad the error is gone.
    Hope this will help you as well.
    Freitag, 2. November 2007 13:26

Alle Antworten

• I have the same problem and no answer yet. The only thing I've came across is something with Infeon software. But I have no idea what Infeon is. Anyone?
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 09:58
    Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2007 12:44
  • Yes I have the same issue.
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 09:57
    Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007 19:57
  • I have the same problem. I appeared the first time after I used the system check i One Care.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:09
    Donnerstag, 1. November 2007 14:52
  • Problem solved!!!!
    After a lot of searching and googling, I've found out, that the error is generated by some Hewlett-Packard software. More precisely, by a software called Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools. I've tried first to repair it (Control Panel, Add/Remove), but it didn't solve my problem. So I ended removing the application. And voila, the error is gone. Yay.
    It is a bit strange, that HP isn't aware of this bug. I think it was some conflict between the app and a some software I've install later on my computer. Which one? I hove no idea. But I'm glad the error is gone.
    Hope this will help you as well.
    Freitag, 2. November 2007 13:26
  • hey toporan

good to hear you have found a solution although, it wont work for me. i dont have any hp software installed and i have been through all of my software and not found any defective programs.

do you know of anything else that could cause it?

Cobran
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:06
    Freitag, 2. November 2007 13:44
  • Cobran and Topran,
    That fix worked for me as well. After I removed and all reinstalled all the hp Protect Tools software the problem ws fixed. I also installed the latest patches for this software.

Cobran, Do you have any TPM software installed by Infineon on your system? Try removing and reinstalling that.

Greg
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:07
    Freitag, 2. November 2007 14:01
  • hey greg

ive found the TMP software but i am reluctant to uninstall it as i dont know if i have any reinstallation discs as my laptop all came preloaded, wat do the files do and what are they linked to?

Cobran
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:10
    Freitag, 2. November 2007 14:58
  • I have a new hp 6715b notebook with the same issue. I'm removing the protectTools per your suggestion and will reinstall from the hp website. Thanks for posting the fix!
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:08
    Samstag, 24. November 2007 13:04
  • As the error prevents me from opening the both Windows Explorer and the Control Panel, and thereby removing the Embedded Security program, does anyone have an idea how to proceed?

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:10
    Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2007 11:06
  • C_PsdRsDll Not Found

C_SpURsDll Not Found

I had the same problem.After removing "Infenion TPM professional package",the problem was solved.The file seems to be associated with trusted platforms,as it happens both to HPs and those on notebooks.

I hope it works for you,let me know
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:11
    Dienstag, 11. März 2008 19:14
  • This happens when the registry value for Infeneon TPM Software is missing.

To Solve go to : HKLM/Software/Infeneon/TPM Software

create a new string value : "C_PsdRsDll"

double click the value and paste the following : "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Embedded Security Software\PsdRs%s.dll"

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:11
    Samstag, 5. April 2008 06:15
  • Quite helpful! I had to locate those files on my drive but this is exactly what happened, and it was caused by a registry cleaner I'm sure.  

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:12
    Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 16:30
  • it solved my problem!!!!!!Yeah
    Freitag, 23. Mai 2008 14:01
  • You are the Man!!!! , People watch out for Mehul PareKh,, =)

HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

NB: Playing around with the registry editor can cause more problem. You will be fine, if you know what you are doing...
    Freitag, 23. Mai 2008 17:23
  • Thanks Mehul.  I am using HP 6715b.  Removed HP Protec Tool, but it didn't solve it.  After using your suggestion, the problem is gone.  I started getting this error after using some registry cleaner (Eusing).

Mehul M. Parekh wrote:

This happens when the registry value for Infeneon TPM Software is missing.

To Solve go to : HKLM/Software/Infeneon/TPM Software

create a new string value : "C_PsdRsDll"

double click the value and paste the following : "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Embedded Security Software\PsdRs%s.dll"

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen M2 Montag, 15. Dezember 2008 13:50
    Donnerstag, 7. August 2008 02:03
  •  

my solution is to delete some files which company name is "Infineon" in c:\windows\system32 with force,that is all & easy. right? you must check the attribute of the files carefully ,or you system will be crashing.

good luck.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:13
    Sonntag, 17. August 2008 01:36
  • Didn't help me!!!!! it just keeps signing itself back into HKLM

Even tried doing the change of value etc etc etc deleting it etc etc etc and back it comes  with ROTTEN VISTA   wish I had bought one with XP  The net also said adobe could cause the problem I even uninstalled that  I uninstalled all registry progs of Infineon    I tried renaming it and it signed itself in in my registry as the correct name leaving the one I altered still there All HP progs   even then I even went into device manager and uninstalled security platform out of sheer desperation and back it came on reboot..  But whenever I click control panel back the error comes SpURsDll  at the top of the box I have <ISP>  Settings Tools then a bix red Cross the the SpURsDll error in the box grrrrrrrrrrr   Anyone got any other ideas   Help needed urgently before I take to a hammer

I have a ASUS  F5 Laptop

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:13
    Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2008 05:57
  • Run Regedit, browse to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved], and look in the right hand side window for "PSD Shell Extension", highlight and delete the entire key. Problem gone.

WARNING:
    Before deleting anything in the registry, make sure you backup and or export what it is you are deleting. That way if anything goes wrong you can import it back in.

After a short time I came to solution proposed by allready famos author above, so guys, better do te new string in Regedit as described. Thanks, dude

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:15
    Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2008 13:10
  •  

could you explain it to me step by step please i cant fix the error
    Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2008 18:41
  • This is the proper solution. For those who dont know how to access the regisry, just go to "run" and type "regedit" and voila, the whole registry will be displayed before your eyes. You wont have any proble finding the information that our friend M. .Parekh had given us. Thank you.

Donnerstag, 13. November 2008 04:00
  • A quick thanks - it worked great, what an easy fix!  I was expecting a long, painful search...
    Samstag, 22. November 2008 03:50

•  
    esteban_g_j said:

could you explain it to me step by step please i cant fix the error

Mehul found the solution (nice going!) but didn't supply precise details. Here they are, for dummies like me.

It works just fine on Windows XP, but *****you REALLY have to know what you're doing if you plan to mess with your registry. So if you do not know how to use your computer's registry, please don't fool with it.*****

The error was created by a popular registry-cleaning program - it deleted the registry value, "C_PsdRsDll", so ***you need to replace it.*** You can use your registry-cleaning program to "restore" that particular value by simply opening your registry-cleaning program, hitting "RESTORE" for the last scan, then hitting OPEN to view the entire cleaning process. Check ONLY the checkbox next to the file that was deleted ("C_PsdRsDll"); you don't have to restore the entire registry-cleaning fix.

1. If you don't have a "restore" function or if you didn't use a registry cleaner, go on to step 2.
    2. In order to enter your computer's registry to replace this deleted file, hit START (bottom left of your screen), then type in "regedit" (no quote marks). Hit ENTER on your keyboard. Your registry should pop up. At the very top left, .......
    3. Click once on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    4. Click once on the SOFTWARE folder
    5. Click once on the INFINEON folder
    6. Click once on the TPM SOFTWARE folder
    7. Now go up top to your menu bar. Click EDIT > NEW > String Value -- A small window with a blank field will pop up.
    8. In the blank area, type in "C_PsdRsDll" (don't use quote marks and note the case sensitivity.)
    9. Press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
    10. Double-click the entry you just made; another blank field will pop up. Into this field, copy and paste the following: "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Embedded Security Software\PsdRs%s.dll" , complete with quote marks. This MUST BE PRECISELY copied.
    11. Press ENTER on your keyboard.
    12. EXIT the registry, shut down your computer completely and wait about 20 seconds.
    13. Restart your computer and it should work fine after that. It did for me.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:16
    Montag, 15. Dezember 2008 13:50
  • For those with HP/Compaq computers, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=1839153&swItem=ob-60144-1&prodNameId=1839212&swEnvOID=2096&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=3

Click on each of the tabs, particularly the Release Notes tab, to determine if your computer and operating system is affected/included.  Note that a Security Manager softpaq must be installed first.

Generally, the Registry M------c software wants to remove entries in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, INFINEON, TPM SOFTWARE folder.  Prevent this by right-click and selecting IGNORE on the affected folders for both the key and value.
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:16
    Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009 20:11
  • Thank a lot. it seen is already settle for my computer. Thank you very much M2. Ur explaine is very detail and clear. But here i has some confuse because i has not "Hewlett-Packard\Embedded Security Software" such things folder. i just has "C:\Program Files\Infineon\Security Platform Software" folders, so i add PsdRs%s.dll to make it become "C:\Program Files\Infineon\Security Platform Software\PsdRs%s.dll" to the blank field. it s any problem? i am using Asus F5RL series.
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen ANILSCHAUHAN Montag, 22. August 2011 07:02
    Sonntag, 9. August 2009 01:50
  • Just copy paste the following on a text file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infineon\TPM Software]

"C_PsdRsDll"="c:\\Program Files\\Hewlett-Packard\\Embedded Security Software\\PSDrt.exe\\Software\\PsdRs%s.dll"

Rename the file to:   C_PsdRsDll.reg
    Double click it.
    This error will reappear if you use any registry cleaner programme.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:17
    Montag, 22. August 2011 07:07
  • HI, I'M MO. I HAD A SIMILIAR PROBLEM.   Resource file <C_PsdRsDll> not found. I USED A CLEANER ADVANCE SYSTEM CARE V.5, AND THIS CLEANED OUT THE .dll FILE. FIRSTLY, DO NOT USE ANY CLEANERS. SECONDLY, GO INTO ADD AND REMOVE AND REMOVE TPM PROFESSIONAL PACKAGE V.3.0   THIRDLY GO ONTO THE WEBPAGE WWW.INFINEON.COM, AND GO ONTO LIVE CHAT, WHICH I DID. I EXPLAINED TO THEM MY PROBLEM AND WITHIN MINUTES THEY GAVE ME A VERY LONG LINK. I CLICKED ONTO THAT. DOWNLOADED  TPM INFINEON, A 102 mb. FILE AND INSTALLED. THIS AUTOMAITICALLY UPGRADED TO V3.0.1 AND THERE IS ALSO A NEWER VERSION 3.7. THIS IS ALSO COMPATIBLE FOR WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS XP PRO, AND WINDOWS VISTA.  WALLAAAAAAAA, HEY PRESTO THE PROBLEMS GONE. MERRY XMAS AND COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON TO YOU.

REGARDS

MOBOWWOW

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 09:57
    Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 09:47
  • HI, I'M MO. I HAD A SIMILIAR PROBLEM.   Resource file <C_PsdRsDll> not found. I USED A CLEANER ADVANCE SYSTEM CARE V.5, AND THIS CLEANED OUT THE .dll FILE. FIRSTLY, DO NOT USE ANY CLEANERS. SECONDLY, GO INTO ADD AND REMOVE AND REMOVE TPM PROFESSIONAL PACKAGE V.3.0   THIRDLY GO ONTO THE WEBPAGE WWW.INFINEON.COM, AND GO ONTO LIVE CHAT, WHICH I DID. I EXPLAINED TO THEM MY PROBLEM AND WITHIN MINUTES THEY GAVE ME A VERY LONG LINK. I CLICKED ONTO THAT. DOWNLOADED  TPM INFINEON, A 102 mb. FILE AND INSTALLED. THIS AUTOMAITICALLY UPGRADED TO V3.0.1 AND THERE IS ALSO A NEWER VERSION 3.7. THIS IS ALSO COMPATIBLE FOR WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS XP PRO, AND WINDOWS VISTA.  WALLAAAAAAAA, HEY PRESTO THE PROBLEMS GONE. MERRY XMAS AND COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON TO YOU.

REGARDS

MOBOWWOW

PS: I HAVE AN HP OFFICEJET 4500 PRINTER. I REMOVED THE SOFTWARE AS YOU RECOMMENDED, BUT IN MY CASE THAT WAS NOT THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM AS THE POP UP KEPT APPEARING. SO I DID THE ABOVE, AND IT WORKS.

Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 09:52

REGARDS

MOBOWWOW

USE YOUR COMPUTER PRE-INSTALLED CLEANER TO CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM.

CLICK START,

DOUBLE CLICK MY COMPUTER,

SCROLL DOWN TO PROPERITIES AND CLICK,

IN THAT WINDOW CLICK DISC CLEAN UP AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS.

Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 09:56

REGARDS

MOBOWWOW

Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 09:57

REGARDS

MOBOWWOW

REMOVE ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE V4, V5 /ONE CARE. GO INTO ADD AND REMOVE AND REMOVE THE CLEANER. USE THE COMPUTERS DISC CLEAN UP ON ALL FILES NECESSARY. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER CLEANERS.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:02
    Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:02
  • I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM. HAVE A HP PRINTER--OFFFICE JET 4500. FOLLOWED YOUR ADVICE, ALAS DD NOT WORK OUT FOR ME.

HI, I'M MO. I HAD A SIMILIAR PROBLEM.   Resource file <C_PsdRsDll> not found. I USED A CLEANER ADVANCE SYSTEM CARE V.5, AND THIS CLEANED OUT THE .dll FILE. FIRSTLY, DO NOT USE ANY CLEANERS. SECONDLY, GO INTO ADD AND REMOVE AND REMOVE TPM PROFESSIONAL PACKAGE V.3.0   THIRDLY GO ONTO THE WEBPAGE WWW.INFINEON.COM, AND GO ONTO LIVE CHAT, WHICH I DID. I EXPLAINED TO THEM MY PROBLEM AND WITHIN MINUTES THEY GAVE ME A VERY LONG LINK. I CLICKED ONTO THAT. DOWNLOADED  TPM INFINEON, A 102 mb. FILE AND INSTALLED. THIS AUTOMAITICALLY UPGRADED TO V3.0.1 AND THERE IS ALSO A NEWER VERSION 3.7. THIS IS ALSO COMPATIBLE FOR WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS XP PRO, AND WINDOWS VISTA.  WALLAAAAAAAA, HEY PRESTO THE PROBLEMS GONE. MERRY XMAS AND COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON TO YOU.

REGARDS

MOBOWWOW

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen MOBOWWOW Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:06
    Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 10:05
  • I have faced the same problem....i have tried to edit registry..it has not solved my problem...then i enter into hp site..and downloaded SP34801 file....version.4.1.100.1332

and repair the existing file.

my problem has solved

Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2011 04:46
  • Power on your PC hit F8, this brings up a menu. Choose Safe mode. Hit enter and your PC will start as normal,

with limited programes. Once in you can access add remove programes as normal and delete the TPM software.

I had this problem on my laptop. It stopped me working. Was the only way to sort it out.

Hope this helps

Dienstag, 21. August 2012 18:49