none
Windows Clock is Wrong

Frage

• Hi,

Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1):

The windows clock is wrong. When I manually adjust it the time changes to a random time after a few minutes.

I tried unregistering the windows time service from the command line and then registering it. Now I'm at a point where the windows time service will not start at all. When I try starting it, I get the error message:

"Windows could not start the windows service on local"
    Error 1290

thanks,

Itay

Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 03:59

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• Here is answer from Martin in Answers:

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then clickregedit.exe in the Programs list.
      If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type your password, or clickContinue.
    2. Locate the following registry subkey, and then click it:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TapiSrv
    3. In the details pane, right-click ImagePath, and then click Modify.
    4. In the Value data box, type the following registry value, and then clickOK:
      %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
      Note If NetworkService does not appear in the %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService registry value, the problem that is described in the "Symptoms" section may occur.
    5. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Note If you try to start the Telephony service before you restart the computer, you may receive the following error message:
      Error 1290: The service start failed since one or more services in the same process have an incompatible service SID type setting. A service with restricted service SID type can only coexist in the same process with other services with a restricted SID type. If the service SID type for this service was just configured, the hosting process must be restarted in order to start this service.

Regards

Milos

Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 06:40
  • Hi,

We can try to perform System Restore to test if we can start this service again.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Meanwhile, you should double check if time is correct in BIOS configuration.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Montag, 11. Juni 2012 09:55