none
SVCHost.exe CPU Usage High

Frage

• Name says it all I searched all the similar or related topics and they didn't help so yeah i would appreciate help on this problem *cough IRL*
    Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011 05:11

Alle Antworten

• SVCHost can be running more than one process.  To establish which process is taking your CPU cycles, first:

1. Run Task Manager, and take a note of the PID of the SVCHost that is being hungry.  (If you can't see the PID column, choose View, Select Columns, PID).

2. At the command prompt, type 'tasklist /svc' <Enter>.  This will drill down into the SVC's and tell you what processes are running in them.  Find the svchost process corresponding to your PID, and list the processes that are running in that instance of svchost.

This will help you to isolate the problem process.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen WJDavis5 Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011 16:42
    Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011 08:13
  • Hi! Thanks for Share! Can you help me about show task manager? I can't use task manager on my computer? Please help me!
    Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011 09:00
  • To run task manager, right-click on your Taskbar, and click Start Task Manager.
    Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011 11:26
  • Thank! But my computer can't show this application when right-click on taskbar????? How do i do?
    Rain_hv
    Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011 15:47
  • What version of Windows are you using?  Another way is to pres Ctrl-Alt-Del, and click the Task Manager button.  This is for Windows XP.  If you can't do this, then something is seriously wrong.
    Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011 16:00
  • I to have high CPU an memory usage -CPU is up an down an memory is currently at 1,512,244  . I have run Process Explorer an task manager an so far I have 2 PID,s -1400-1440 . Not sure what command prompt you are refering to but in task manager I selected File -New Task (RUN) an typed 'tasklist / svc' a black screen appeared for about 5 seconds an hasn't returned. Could someone please assist me further with this issue . This site seems to be the BEST nonadvertisement forum!
    Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 14:41
  • In the Run menu, type

cmd <Enter>

You will be given a black command window.  Type the tasklist command in there.

Grant Ward, a.k.a. Bigteddy

Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 14:44
  • BITS,CryptSvc,Eventsystem,helpsvc,hkmsvc,Nla,RasMan,SENS,Trapisrv,Themes,W32Time,winmgmt
    Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 15:36
  • It's probably BITS.  What OS are you using?  If it's XP, you may want to disable Microsoft Update, and revert to Windows Update.

Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 15:43
  • I have tried disableing automatic update in services, didn,t help. it says its windows .Have reset to automatic . not sure how to disable microsoft update .XP Pro sp3
    Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 16:00
  • Just go into Windows Update on your menu, and on the Update page, opt out of Microsoft updates.

Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 16:23
  • It says it wants to run addon microsoft updates -must not be active ,I tried to download active x control a few weeks ago an it would not let me.A few more things -task bar inverts to light yellow after about 20 -30 minutes. Also I have run Spybot S&D & Malwarebytes malware.

Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 16:36
  • Update PID changed- CryptSvc gone  , AudioSrv, wuauserv  now on list  memory 1,527,...  CPU 48%
    Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 18:07