none
Windows logo + E to bring up Explorer causes freeze

Frage

• I am experiencing a rather odd problem, which, as far as I can tell, developed recently.   I use the Windows Logo + "X" keyboard shortcuts a lot (e.g., Windows Logo +D to show desktop, Windows Logo + F to bring up search, etc.)  For some reason, pressing Windows Logo + E causes explorer to hang for anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes, and sometimes I'm even forced to restart.  I cannot use the taskbar at all, although my desktop still seems to be active (i.e., I can open up folders on the desktop, right click on the desktop to bring up display properties, etc.)  However, explorer is effectively stuck - I can't click on the start button, none of my quicklaunch programs work, I can't right click on the taskbar, etc. 

This is mind-boggling and very very annoying.  I can't for the life of me figure out why Windows Logo +E and ONLY that Windows Logo keyboard shortcut is causing my taskbar to hang. 

Now, I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I recently installed (and subsequently removed) a Windows 7 RC dual boot from my system.  I repartitioned my hard drive and installed Windows 7 on the new partition.  However, I have not noticed ANY problems whatsoever, so I'm thinking this problem is not related to dual booting Windows 7.. but who knows!

ANY thoughts and help would be GREATLY appreciated.  This is one of the oddest problems I've experienced in Windows XP, and I'm at my wit's end.
    Sonntag, 21. Juni 2009 09:10

Alle Antworten

• Jerethi,

Go to Start>Run>type CMD. At the command prompt type:  sfc /scannow

Notice the space between the c and  the /.

Be sure you have your XP disk available.

Montag, 22. Juni 2009 05:09