none
Update KB 2454826

Frage

• As a preparation for installing the Windows 7 SP1, I downloaded and installed the two Updates KB 2454826 and KB 976902.

After Upgrading to SP 1 the Update KB 2454826 is no longer shown as an installed one in the corresponding system control panel entry, but is still listed as a properly installed update in the update history of Windows Update.

As it is also required for IE9, I want to make sure it is still part of my OS. Any idea on how to check that?

Samstag, 2. April 2011 23:29

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

Internet Explorer 9 will automatically install the required updates if necessary.

Revue du Geek | Déployer Windows 7 | Améliorer les performances de Windows 7
    Samstag, 2. April 2011 23:32
  • Webpage http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/ff959805.aspx mentions that IE9 will not be able to install the prerequisite update KB 2454826 if media features are disabled, and therefore will not be able to play html5 videos.

Well, I disabled media features but downloaded KB 2454826 from the following website: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2454826 and installed it prior to IE9, hoping that would resolve the issue.

But with the update not shown as an installed one in "system control panel/programs and functions/installed updates" I'm unsure if IE9 has all fuctions available, including html5 playback.

By the way, as I first installed the two updates mentioned in my first posting, then Win 7 and after that IE 9, I don't exactly know at which point update KB 2454826 "disappeared".

Thanks for your help.

Sonntag, 3. April 2011 10:50
  • I understand now.
    You should enable Media feature should to get full html5 playback with IE9. It is a required component if you want to support html5 video and audio playback.

You can see the updates in the history panel but not in the installed updates window because your component is disabled.

Revue du Geek | Déployer Windows 7 | Améliorer les performances de Windows 7
    Sonntag, 3. April 2011 15:02
  • Well, I have enabled Media Features, but there is still no entry for KB 2454826. If I try reinstalling that one, it says that the update is not suitable for my system.

I actually don't know any website using html5. Do you know of one I could test the playback function with?

Thanks

Dienstag, 5. April 2011 16:19