none
Multimedia Audio Controller Driver

Question

• I have a windows XP Professional operating systems. I accidentally deleted the multimedia Audio Controller and now I am not receiving any sound. I donoyt have the CD that came with the computer with me. Please help!

Monday, August 10, 2009 2:56 PM

Answers

• Use Control Panel - System - Hardware (tab) - Device Manager (btn).

Find your device and get Properties for that device. Click the Details tab and read the vendor id and device id. The vendor id is the 4 characters after the letters "VEN_" and the device id is the 4 characters after the letters "DEV_". Example: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2983

Use google or devid.info to find driver
    Green Рент ИТ
    Monday, December 07, 2009 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The sound of my computer is not working. The multimedia Audio Controller driver is missing fom the device manager. Could you please tell me , how will i know which driver do i need to install i.e How iwll i know the code of the driver as i do not have the CD of the motherboard ?

Regards

Radhika
    • Proposed as answer by KARINNFRES Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:33 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by KARINNFRES Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:34 AM
    Monday, December 07, 2009 5:11 AM
  • Use Control Panel - System - Hardware (tab) - Device Manager (btn).

Find your device and get Properties for that device. Click the Details tab and read the vendor id and device id. The vendor id is the 4 characters after the letters "VEN_" and the device id is the 4 characters after the letters "DEV_". Example: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2983

Use google or devid.info to find driver
    Green Рент ИТ
    Monday, December 07, 2009 6:27 PM
  • I have a windows XP Professional operating systems. I accidentally deleted the multimedia Audio Controller and now I am not receiving any sound. I donoyt have the CD that came with the computer with me. Please help!

I have exactly the same problem. I have searched all over and can not find  any help. I hope someone can provide some help.
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Dear lime host

I feel a lot better when I see so many other soundless souls, I also wiped my multimedia sound driver.

To fix it ?.......Easy!

Go to your control panel - system - hardware - device manager.

click properties - details -put in the disc that came with your computer and click"reinstall"

Goodluck

Franko

Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:09 PM