none
Linksys WUSB54G Driver

Question

• Has anyone been able to install the Linksys USB based wireless G adapter (WUSB54G)? I've tried the XP & Vista drivers from Linksys on the Windows 7 64-bit beta and none of them are working. Windows comes back saying it cannot find a driver for the device.

Without my wireless connection Windows 7 Beta isn't worth much too me.
    • Moved by OthorvathMVP, Moderator Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:46 PM (Moved from Windows 7 Networking to Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility)
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 6:44 PM

Answers

• It appears the RaLink Vista 64-bit drivers work with Windows 7. My through put seems a little off but otherwise it works great. I'm posting this from my new Windows 7 install. :)

• Marked as answer by Stadifer Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:13 PM
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:13 PM

All replies

• It appears the RaLink Vista 64-bit drivers work with Windows 7. My through put seems a little off but otherwise it works great. I'm posting this from my new Windows 7 install. :)

• Marked as answer by Stadifer Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:13 PM
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:13 PM
  • I could not get the linksys vista drivers to work with my WUSB54G, so on a lark I tried using the win2000/xp drivers that are on the linksys oem disc. Voila!!! win7 liked one of them and adapter now works great.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:37 PM
  • I installed the drivers after some effort, because Win7 refused to install at once. But today I had some BSODs and the dump files notice there is some problems with the WUSB54G driver, something that I saw happen on WinXP SP3 (after installing the Service Pack different machines showing reboots). My rig: IntelX38BT, Q6600, Nvidia 9600GT, 4GB, Win 7 64-bit.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:37 PM
  • I've hacked up a package that has worked for me and many others on Windows 7 x64 bit.

http://www.bilal.ca/linksys-wusb54g-v4-x64-windows-7

Enjoy.

- Bilal

• Proposed as answer by Bilal Jaffery Friday, June 26, 2009 1:04 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2009 1:03 AM
  • The Ralink drivers will probably work with WUSB54G v4. At least Ralink makes the chipset for that version.

But if you have a v2 like me you're outta luck. 
    Thursday, July 09, 2009 2:43 AM
  • 64-bit Windows 7 Driver issues for Linksys WUSB54G.

I'm not sure if someone else has posted this or not but here is where to download it and instructions to follow.
    1.Click this to download
    http://usdn-free.nodevice.com/3ed45e2e864acd99d9c1ac35ada8b10a
    2. Unzip them, I just put them in a new file on my desktop. You should have two folders, one that starts with 'driver updater setup' and another that starts with "wusb". In my case I thought I needed the 'driver' program first, so installed that first. But then realized it is a completely separate program so whether or not you want it is up to you, but it is handy so I recommend giving it a shot.
    3. Click the app that starts with 'wusb'. IF it prompts you to unzip it, then do so. Either way, run the program. It will come up with a Linksys install wizard, run the install wizard.
    4. Go into your Device manager and you may, like me, have something in your 'unknown devices' called your Linksys wusb54g. Right Click it and click 'update driver software' followed by selecting for Windows to update the software for you.

And now, the driver issue will be corrected and it works. yay.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:01 AM
  • Hi Bilal, Could you advise where to download the compatible WUSB54G v.4 driver for Win7 64-bit?

I just upgrade the window from xp to 7 and now the linksys official driver won't work anymore.

Patrick

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Read this link and follow the instructions given:

<http://d87studios.com/blog/2012/05/wusb54g-windows-7-64-bit-driver-workaround/>

There are a number of other links that state pretty much the same thing as a solution.

SC Tom

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:23 PM
  • Hi Bilal,

Any chance you could re post the link to your downloadable package?

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:16 AM