none
Lexmark X8350

Answers

• Hello,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, May 25, 2009 4:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hello,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, May 25, 2009 4:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:34 AM
  • I've tried that. Still no joy.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:23 PM
  • continue waiting or contact device verdor to solve the problem!

Monday, May 25, 2009 4:09 AM
  • I contacted them and they recommended that I downgrade to Windows XP to solve my problem.

TechSupport rocks!!
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:37 PM
  • I recently brought an HP computer in August and received the Free Upgrade to Windows 7 Premium this week. I downloaded everything, and the only program that I was having a problem with was Lexmark X8350 drivers. I uninstalled all device drivers. I have a 64 bit computer and went to Lexmark several times and downloaded the windows vista 64 bit computer. The error message was that the printer was not recognized . I spent two nights trying to get the Lexmark x8350 driver installed properly. Finally this morning it took the driver, and I could print the test page, send a fax, and now I'm up and running. It is compatible, but you have to really work at trying to get the driver accepted by windows 7.
    Good Luck.
    Sunday, November 01, 2009 3:33 PM
  • I was running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 RC (Build 7100) and had it networked with a computer running Windows XP Pro SP3 x86. There was a Lexmark x8350 connected to the XP machine. I had no problem printing from the Win7 machine. Then I did a clean install of the official release of Windows 7 Pro x64.

I could no longer connect to the printer. I could see the printer in the Devices and Printers window but I couldn't connect. If I clicked on Add a printer, the Lexmark would show up in the dialog but still no connection ("Operation failed with error 0x0000000d") I downloaded and installed the Vistax64 drivers and still no luck. Next I uninstalled the drivers, plugged the x8350 directly into the Win7 machine, re-installed the drivers and success. However, due to various reasons I have to leave the Lexmark connected to the XP machine. I even went as far as uninstalling the drivers and software from the XP machine then re-installing. All without luck.

It sure would be nice to print through the network like I did with Build 7100.
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 6:45 PM
  • I recently purchased a new Dell laptop running windows 7 64-bit operating system. I haven't had any luck getting it to print to my Lexmark X6170 printer over my home network connected to a PC running Windows XP.
    I tried everything I could find to get it to work.
    I contacted Lexmark customer service and had a technician take remote control of both my Windows 7 computer and my Windows XP computer. He could not get it to work either.
    I was basically informed that my printer cannot connect from a Windows 7 platform computer to a Windows XP platform computer. There can be no driver that can be developed to do such a thing.
    It can't be done.
    No use wasting any more time on it.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 12:40 PM