none
Can't create a system Repair Disc

Question

• I have a new HP PC with factory installed Windows 7 Home Premium.  Back-ups are always successful but whenever I try to create a system Repair Disc I immediately get the message, "System Repair Disc could not be created.  The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)."  What's it trying to tell me?

Ken Dunn
    Cleveland, OH 
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:31 PM

Answers

• Here's one way to get around it

Boot up with the installation, click on repair, then the Command prompt type in recdisc, put a blank CD or DVD in the drive and you're off.

This problem also occurs when it doens't like the media you are trying to use. Whatever you're using, try CD-R or DVD-R anything except what you're trying to use and I'd guarantee you it will work.
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:39 PM
  • As I know HP has their own repair disks. Maybe HP has customized their system to disable this feature so users can only use their own repair disks. I suggest you contact HP support for more information.

Customer Service / Contact HP 

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:21 AM

All replies

• Here's one way to get around it

Boot up with the installation, click on repair, then the Command prompt type in recdisc, put a blank CD or DVD in the drive and you're off.

This problem also occurs when it doens't like the media you are trying to use. Whatever you're using, try CD-R or DVD-R anything except what you're trying to use and I'd guarantee you it will work.
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:39 PM
  • As I know HP has their own repair disks. Maybe HP has customized their system to disable this feature so users can only use their own repair disks. I suggest you contact HP support for more information.

Customer Service / Contact HP 

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:21 AM