none
Do I Need to Keep ALL Microsoft.NET Framework Programs (2.0 Service Pack 2) (3.0 Service Pack 2) (3.5 Service Pack 1)

Question

• I'm trying to clean up my computer programs.  I have THREE NET Framework Service Packs -- Can I Remove all but 1?? 

Would 3.5/Service Pack 1 be the one to keep?

These are in my programs:  Microsoft.NET Framework Program 2.0 Service Pack 2

Program 3.0 Service Pack 2

Program 3.5 Service Pack 1

Thanks!!

Friday, November 11, 2011 2:43 PM

All replies

• As you can see, those Service Packs target different .NET Famework versions.
    Every .NET Framework version is built incrementally upon the previous one, but I suggest you to not remove any of the .NET Framework redistributables or Service Packs: some applications developed for a particular version of the .NET Framework can have problems starting if they do not find the .NET Framework version they were built for.
    The disk space used by those Service Packs does not justify their deletion, so leave them installed.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Friday, November 11, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Do not uninstall any of them. just ignore it and if you are trying to save the disk space then clean the temp files and run a disk cleanup.
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Friday, November 11, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Many thanks Luigi.  Did not understand the basics on this.  NOW I do.

deeebeeee

Friday, November 11, 2011 10:21 PM
  • And thank you as well h9ck3r - don't worry not deleting them!

deeebeeee

Friday, November 11, 2011 10:22 PM
  • Many thanks Luigi.  Did not understand the basics on this.  NOW I do.

deeebeeee

Good.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Friday, November 11, 2011 10:41 PM