none
DGTFX VIRUS

General discussion

• Hi I have just received 2 emails ( see part of it below) supposedly from the windowslive tream , Is this a scam ? And should I delete or send onto someoone ?

Dear MSN and  Hotmail Subscriber,
    A  DGTFX Virus has been detected in yourfolders. Your email account has to be upgraded  to our new Secured DGTFX anti-virus 2012 version to prevent damages to our web  mail log and to your important files. Click link, Fill the columns below and  send back to us or your email account will be terminated to avoid spread of the  virus.
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:22 PM

All replies

• "bellerive1" wrote in message news:0334a71f-522f-459d-8e4e-781dbc3bef38...

Hi I have just received 2 emails ( see part of it below) supposedly from the windowslive tream , Is this a scam ? And should I delete or send onto someoone ?

Dear MSN and  Hotmail Subscriber,
    A  DGTFX Virus has been detected in yourfolders. Your email account has to be upgraded  to our new Secured DGTFX anti-virus 2012 version to prevent damages to our web  mail log and to your important files. Click link, Fill the columns below and  send back to us or your email account will be terminated to avoid spread of the  virus.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:52 PM
  • Hi,

Due to the your concern is related to Hotmail, it is recommended to post the thread in Hotmail Forum or send a feedback to Windows Live Hotmail.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:17 AM
  • Actually this is not just a Hotmail problem; it's happening with Yahoo, and other email providers.  It is definitely a large-scale phishing scam.
    Monday, July 02, 2012 7:07 AM