none
Unable to Install, Run Program/Software/Disc (New Toshiba Satellite Laptop Win 7)

Question

• New laptop (Toshiba C650 series), recently installated a couple programs, and then un-installed one that I would not be using anymore (Acid Music Studio, by Sony). Since then, no new programs, audio discs, plug-ins, will run. I checked all auto-play settings (for all media), and also tried to run several programs/discs manually. Nothing happens. 

Example: Normally, an audio CD would show up in iTunes with the track listing right away, but now, the system acts like its reading it, but then does nothing. If I try to install a basic Kodak photo share software, normally the install prompts would pop-up right away, but they don't anymore. Unable to run manually as well.

I think something happened during the un-install process of the Sony software that turned something off, but I don't know what. The laptop has only been running for a few days, and I've barely done anything to it. Any idea how to resolve?

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

How did you uninstall this Acid Music Studio, from the Control Panel – uninstall programs ?

You can try system file check to fix some system files, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.  At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Do you have the backup? If it doesn’t work, I recommend you try system restore to the time points when the computer works normally. Then from the control panel to uninstall the program again, also contact the Sony support for the uninstallation issue.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:34 AM