none
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. This comes up when ever I sign off Internet Explorer

Question

• This comes up when ever I sign off Internet Explorer

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. 

How can I fix this?

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:19 PM

Answers

• Try running Internet Explorer without any add-ons enabled (see Accessories, System Tools menu).  If you don't get the error when running IE this way, then there is an add-on installed into IE which is causing the problem.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:24 AM
  • Expanding on what Frosticle said, click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, then Reset.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:55 AM
  • Hi,

I would like you to go into the Tools menu and select Internet Options.  Under Browsing History click the Delete button.  Delete the Temporary Internet Files.  If you know all of your passwords to internet sites you visit that may be contained in the cookies, delete the cookies too.  If you DO NOT know these passwords DO NOT delete the cookies. If still no go, you can proceed to reset IE after backup data.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, July 23, 2010 9:16 AM

All replies

• Try running Internet Explorer without any add-ons enabled (see Accessories, System Tools menu).  If you don't get the error when running IE this way, then there is an add-on installed into IE which is causing the problem.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:24 AM
  • Expanding on what Frosticle said, click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, then Reset.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:55 AM
  • Hi,

I would like you to go into the Tools menu and select Internet Options.  Under Browsing History click the Delete button.  Delete the Temporary Internet Files.  If you know all of your passwords to internet sites you visit that may be contained in the cookies, delete the cookies too.  If you DO NOT know these passwords DO NOT delete the cookies. If still no go, you can proceed to reset IE after backup data.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, July 23, 2010 9:16 AM
  • i,m having the same problem with mine
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:52 AM
  • i,m having the same problem with mine

I tried all the possible steps provided above, tried removing the IE 8, upgraded to IE9, created a new account on the same computer and tried to run the IE in normal mode, also tried running disabling the add ons in the new acount, same issue. I am a bit confused if there is a regictry setting need to change on the computer to remove older logs of IE. I ran the cleanmgr to remove the temp. files from the computer. No luck. Any help on this issue ?

I am running windows 7 OS.

• Edited by Thingbaijam Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:29 PM Update
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:28 PM
  • I am receiving the same error but in a different application.  I have a .net program that calls an ocx and it used to work but now stops with same error. In addition,  a couple of times I got the same error when running Windows Live Mail.

Luis C. Uribe

Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:53 PM