none
Cant remove microsoft silverlight from computer

Question

• Hi,

Netflix said to remove and reinstall silverlight (apparently a common problem) but my computer won't let me- it gives following error message: "The patch application couldnt be opened, verify patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installation patch package. " HUH???

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:43 AM
  • I have the same problem as reuvench.  Your answer is what I did.  the patch question is what I got. Used IObit uninstaller and got it removed but then slverlight installer keeps telling me it is already on my machine.  did restore point and I am back to square one.  If I unistall I can not use the windows uninstaller and if I use iobit I have a ghost version. 
    Friday, November 25, 2011 6:21 PM
  • I had this exact same problem.  I followed ALL of the steps given to me by the Silverlight techs and by the techs here to solve the issue.  I was unable to uninstall the Silverlight by deleting a specific directory in the HKEY section of the registry (got the information from the techs) but once that was done every time I attempted to reinstall silverlight it FAILED.  When I went to the Microsoft sight it said that my current version was up to date and working properly.  I finally had to erase my hard drive and re-install my operating system to solve the issue.  I made a video about this entire fiasco and put it up on YouTube.  (I even created a "The Wall" parody about windows to go with it).  If anyone wants to check it out it's here: Silverlight Wont Uninstall
    • Proposed as answer by TheDeanZone Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:20 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:16 PM