none
Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver

Question

• Hi
    I have windows 7 x64 on my PC. I connect a mini USB Bluetooth to my PC, Every time I want to pair a bluetooth device (mobile) with my PC , I get an installation error all the time for the "Bluetooth Peripheral Device". 
    I try different mobile sets such as Nokia, S/E, LG. but every time I get the same messege [Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver]
    I suppose I need a driver for Mobile Sets, because when I bought my Bluetooth Device,It doesn't have any CD Driver.
    I have checked the CD driver which come with the Mobile Set to install peripheral device driver But It didn't work.
    Looking forward to your reply
    Thank You
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:09 PM

Answers

• Hello,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click the Bluetooth device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

If the issue persists, please tell me the detail brand or model of the mini USB Bluetooth device, I will be glad to assist you to search the compatible driver for you.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, October 05, 2009 2:06 AM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:20 AM
  • Many of these issues are getting solution pointers that should show up after following the steps that Novak recommends, however you can remove these services by opening the Devices and Printers folder, choosing the device, right click, properties, Services and unchecking the services one by one while watching device manager to see if the unknown device goes away. 

IHV's and OEMs are providing updated software for the Bluetooth radio on the system that enable support for some of the additional services on phones and other devices, or disable these prompts in other ways if they are not necessary. 

Finally, this is a more appropriate discussion for the Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility forum.  Please try to post hardware questions there. 

Thanks!
    Todd [MSFT]
    Thursday, October 01, 2009 1:04 AM

All replies

• Hello,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click the Bluetooth device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

If the issue persists, please tell me the detail brand or model of the mini USB Bluetooth device, I will be glad to assist you to search the compatible driver for you.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, October 05, 2009 2:06 AM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:20 AM
  • Hi,
    Or you can also check the manufacturer web site for the usb device,as I guess speaking about Win 7 x64 installed on a notebook PC, does it happen that you plugged in the usb bluetooth in all the usb ports before installation finished?
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:44 PM
  • Many of these issues are getting solution pointers that should show up after following the steps that Novak recommends, however you can remove these services by opening the Devices and Printers folder, choosing the device, right click, properties, Services and unchecking the services one by one while watching device manager to see if the unknown device goes away. 

IHV's and OEMs are providing updated software for the Bluetooth radio on the system that enable support for some of the additional services on phones and other devices, or disable these prompts in other ways if they are not necessary. 

Finally, this is a more appropriate discussion for the Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility forum.  Please try to post hardware questions there. 

Thanks!
    Todd [MSFT]
    Thursday, October 01, 2009 1:04 AM
  • Hi,

I am having the exact same issue with my windows certified phone (HTC Touch Pro2 running windows mobile 6.5)!

It was working fine with my old phone (HTC Touch Pro running windows mobile 6.1)

I use an HP notebook 8530p with windows 7 RTM x64.

Any help/advices highly welcome!
    Monday, October 26, 2009 3:37 PM
  • hello, i have the same problem. i have an hp pavilion and vista 32. when i turn on my pc i recieve a message that asks me to install driver for bluetooth peripheral device. i tried what you wrote, but i didn't solve the problem.
    please help!
    marina
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:29 PM
  • Hi, I had the same problem on Vista, try downloading the following:

Downloaded Software from www.hp.com

Software: SP38167
    Drivers: SP36491
    Drivers: SP40117

HP Technical Support: Tel. 08443690369

Hope this helps!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:18 AM
  • I have the same problem and i did the same thing as you said. bt it still says unable to find such a driver.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:21 PM
  • Thanks a lot. fixed my issue concerning bluetooth peripheral device stuurprogramma. I love seeking advice here. People mostly give reliable advice. Thanks again.
    Sunday, December 05, 2010 7:19 AM
  • AAAA
    Monday, February 21, 2011 9:22 PM
  • Hi,

I would appreciate if you help me find the device driver for my Blackberry 9630, I keep on getting the same "Bluetooth peripheral device" error. Looking forward to your help. Thanks.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

I am also facing the same problem for both Nokia E5 and Blackberry 9350. Unable to pair my PC with the mobiles due to Bluetooth peripheral device drivers error. I tried the solution provided by Novak. It did not work...any more ideas!

Best

Ravi

Sunday, May 08, 2011 5:14 AM
  • Mr. Novak, 

i am also having the same problem in my lap top also, i am having dell vostro with windows 7 , i tried in the manner you have said but it says UNABLE TO INSTALL YOUR BASE SYSTEM DEVICE.. kindly suggest, iam trying to connect it with my black berry .

Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:07 PM
  • I found the answer from

http://www.question-defense.com/2010/04/04/windows-7-64-bit-bluetooth-peripheral-device-driver-error-iphone-driver-issue

It solved my issues in my HP Elitebook 2740p running Win7 (64bit).

Now I can have

1. Sennheizer Bluetooth headset listening to 2740p .

2. Logitech Bluetooth Mouse connected to 2740p .

3. iPhone Personal Hotspot connection to my notebook via Bluetooth connection (slower compare to WiFi but much less power usage on my iPhone & 2740p)

In short, there are 2 important steps:

1. install drvupdate-amd64.exe from Windows Mobile Device Center –> providing you the list of drivers you need to use in the 2nd step
    2. update the device in question with drive from : Bluetooth Radio – Microsoft Corporation - Windows Mobile-based Device Support , even though it says it installing the driver is not recommended.

drvupdate-amd64.exe  --> can be obtained from MS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931937 

I hope it helps everybody.

Cheers

• Proposed as answer by RandyTan123 Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:14 AM
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:14 AM
  • Dear Novak,

My mini USB blue tooth device is Dell wireless 370 Blue tooth mini card. "m facing the same issue. pls help solve the issue.. thank you.

Friday, March 16, 2012 6:04 PM
  • Hi! 

did someone ever found Bluetooth peripheral device driver??? 

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:47 PM
  • Bluetooth device is Intel centrino wireless bluetooth 3.0

Bluetooth perpheral device error

Monday, July 09, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Dell has provided a new Bluetooth driver from Intel for Windows 7 x64. I had the same problem about 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' and this driver solved it completely.

Dell laptop users can go to driver download page of Dell support website and expand to the Network section and download a file similar to this: BT_Intel_W74_A02_Setup-50PWW_ZPE.exe
    (I don't know whether this link works for you: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn)

Probably other brands also provide this new Intel driver. Check your device support page.
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:37 AM
  • I had the same issue (my system is an HP) and this question is all over the internet but install the appropriate one below of the Windows Mobile Device 6.1 for your operating system (works for Windows Vista and Windows 7). And then use Device manager, right click on the device with the exclamation mark, click update driver, click browse my computer,click let me pick  from a list, click  Bluetooth Radio, click on Microsoft Corporation (Not the other Microsoft ones), and then Windows Mobile-based device and install.

Lots of the problems on the net has been people are given links to just either the 32 or the 64 bit version so they don't get the right one, so they get the wrong errors and don't have the driver copied onto their computer. Some links state if you get an error it still installed when in fact it doesn't and so they don't find the Microsoft Corporation driver listing.

So...

64 bit -

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3182

32 bit -

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14

• Edited by JJ Jones Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:54 AM
    Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:51 AM
  • This link alone solved all my 'BT Peripheral Device' errors:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/bluetooth-peripheral-device-driver-not-found/7d14b9b9-d2d2-484a-9d05-13f70512c6cc

Monday, January 07, 2013 10:01 AM
  • Hi, thank you for your availability; I got the same error message for a Nokia N 86. How to fix it pls? Ty.
    Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:22 PM
  • i have the same problem, i made too much serach, read too much and finally confused.

my laptop model is:

hp pavilion dv6 1390et

Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:02 PM