none
VPN - "Network Logon" Button disappears on the Logon Screen w "use computer certificate" is set under VPN Security Options

Question

• Hi Community,

Ive played a little bit with a IKEv2 VPN Connection under Windows 7 in order to get access to our LAN.

Primary I like to authenticate the vpn connection via computer certificate (Tab Security / Authentication -> "use computer certificate") and log on to windows using my User Credentials on the Start Screen. The VPN Connection should be established via the blue "Network logon" button on the lower right Corner prior to logon.

My Problem is, if I change the Authentication Setting from "use computer certificate" to EAP the button appears on the Start Screen, set back to "use computer certificate" the Button disappears.

The VPN Tunnel-Endpoint is one of our routers and it was a hard job to get a working VPN-Connection, so wont change to use EAP for Authentication.

Does anybody know the Reason for that behaviour?

• Edited by MasMi74 Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please capture a screenshot about the place to choose "use computer certificate" option? I can only find the EAP option in my security tab.

Best Regards

Scott Xie

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:50 AM