none
logon my domain is TEMP profile

Answers

• Is your domain profile local profile or roaming profile?

I suggest you backup your data and remove the account on the computer.

1. Log on to the system by using an administrative user account other than the user account that is experiencing the problem.

2. Backup all data in the current use's profile folder if the profile folder still exists, and then delete the profile folder. By default, the profile resides in the following location:

%SystemDrive%\Users\UserName

3. Click Start menu, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

4. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\ProfileList

5. Under the ProfileList Subkey, delete the Subkey that is named SID.bak.

Note SID is a placeholder for the security identifier (SID) of the user account that is experiencing the problem. The SID.bak Subkey should contain a ProfileImagePath registry entry that points to the original profile folder of the user account that is experiencing the problem.

6. Exit Registry Editor.

7. Restart the system and log on to the system with the problematic user account.

After you log on to the system, the profile folder is re-created.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:46 AM

All replies

• Is your domain profile local profile or roaming profile?

I suggest you backup your data and remove the account on the computer.

1. Log on to the system by using an administrative user account other than the user account that is experiencing the problem.

2. Backup all data in the current use's profile folder if the profile folder still exists, and then delete the profile folder. By default, the profile resides in the following location:

%SystemDrive%\Users\UserName

3. Click Start menu, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

4. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\ProfileList

5. Under the ProfileList Subkey, delete the Subkey that is named SID.bak.

Note SID is a placeholder for the security identifier (SID) of the user account that is experiencing the problem. The SID.bak Subkey should contain a ProfileImagePath registry entry that points to the original profile folder of the user account that is experiencing the problem.

6. Exit Registry Editor.

7. Restart the system and log on to the system with the problematic user account.

After you log on to the system, the profile folder is re-created.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:46 AM
  • Arthur,

You seem to know quite a bit about this issue. What happens if the original profile path can't be found (C:\Users\username). I would be unable to copy the data out of that folder before deleting the registry key. Will I be able to access that data after deleting and logging in again? It doesn't seem like deleting the key actually deletes the files (that would take some time for the data I have in there), but I want to make sure before trying this out. I have a lot of data in a profile that I am unable to backup because it is inaccessible (doesn't appear in the Users folder). 

Thanks for your help. I realize this is an old post, but I can't find this answer online anywhere.

Cory

CCSIT
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:27 AM