none
Unable to burn 8.5 GB double layer DVDs

Question

• My PC has x64 Windows 7 Ultimate running with an internal DVD drive installed. I was able to format and burn single-layer DVDs, but not 8.5 GB double layer DVDs manufactured by Imation. I have followed the same procedure as the one given on microsoft.com for burning CDs and DVDs with no luck. When I insert a DVD, the OS does not return the pop-up menu for formatting. Right-clicking on the drive in My Computer to format does not work either. Please provide me with a clue as to how you can format double-layer DVDs on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thank you

Monday, January 18, 2010 9:58 AM

Answers

• Upgrade your DVD burner to one that supports burning Dual Layer DVDs. To format the DVD needs to be rewriteable.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:48 PM

All replies

• Upgrade your DVD burner to one that supports burning Dual Layer DVDs. To format the DVD needs to be rewriteable.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:48 PM
  • I have two dual layer DVD burners, and I have yet to be able to burn dual layer.  My brother called me and said he is having the same problem.  I assume you have a dual layer burner also, but just can't do dual layer.  I would like to know the secret.  I have purchased dual layer DVDs, and it has been a waste of money to me and also my brother.
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:59 PM
  • My Friend, you need DVD burning third party software like Nero. This helped me writing 8.5GB DVDs without fatigues.

Regards,

Gem

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:24 AM