none
Lost Windows vista, but have product key

Question

• I purchased my desktop through a rent to own place, with Windows Vista Home Basic already installed.  It got a serious virus, which my son fixed.  Problem is he cleaned the harddrive and installed Windows XP.  I prefer Windows Vista, and have the product key (located on side of computer), but don't know where to go from here.  Best Buy said that I should contact Dell, but since my warranty expired, they won't help.  Best Buy won't help, the rent to own place won't help.  I just want to get Windows Vista back on my computer, since XP print size is either too big or so small I can't see anything.  Someone please help!!
    Saturday, October 02, 2010 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!

I understand that you have the product key of Windows Vista and would like to replace Windows XP with it.

Please understand that we need an instalaltion disk to perform a clean install and input the product key then.

If you have the installation disk, please feel free to install it on the hard drive. However, if your disk has been lost or not available, you can borrow someone else's installation disk with the same version same manufacutre. Or you can make an order here.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:31 AM