none
'View Available Networks' showing incorrect SIM number.

Question

• Hi, 

Windows 7 is only displaying 19 of the 20 digits that make up the SIM ICCID (Vodafone UK) when viewed from: 'View Available Networks' -> 'Mobile Broadband Connection' properties -> 'Subscription' tab -> ' SIM ICC ID'

For example 8944100030012345678 is displayed instead of 89441000300123456789, however if I use putty and send the AT+ICCID command to modem it retrieves the 20 digit SIM ICCID.

Is there a way of getting the 20 digit number to display correctly in the VAN?

It is a real pain asking users to take their SIM out to read back the printed number (SIMs are screwed in on some toughbooks)

Thanks,

Tony

• Edited by TonyTone Monday, August 27, 2012 8:24 PM command was AT+ICCID not AT+CXXCID
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:19 PM

Answers

• The problem is driver related, caused by QCUSBNETPS.SYS

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\QCUSBNETPS.SYS

Company Name:      QUALCOMM Incorporated

File Description:  USB NDIS Miniport Driver

Product Version:   (3.0:1.6)

File Version:      (3.0:1.6)

• Marked as answer by TonyTone Friday, April 12, 2013 4:08 AM
    Friday, February 01, 2013 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suspect this is related to the length of the number, it may be too long to be displayed in the text area. We will do some research, and post it as soon as possible.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please capture a screenshot to show the detailed place you see this issue?

Best Regard

Scott Xie

Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:51 AM
    1. Open Network by clicking the network icon in the notification area.
    2. Right-click your mobile broadband network, select Properties
    3. SIM ICC IDD

Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:38 PM
  • Hi,

I suspect this is related to the length of the number, it may be too long to be displayed in the text area. We will do some research, and post it as soon as possible.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Hi Alex,

I have written a .net app and it is also only retrieves 19 of the 20 digits from the SimIccID property.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd323201(v=vs.85).aspx

Regards,

Tony

Friday, August 24, 2012 9:03 AM
  • Hi Tony,

I'm not familiar with that. Hope the following article could help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscriber_identity_module

Based on the article, according to E.118, the number is up to 19 digits long, including a single check digit calculated using the Luhn algorithm. However, the GSM Phase 1[3] defined the ICCID length as 10 octets (20 digits) with operator-specific structure. I guess windows doesn't support it.

Best Regards

Scott Xie

Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:00 AM
  • I guess windows doesn't support it.

Hi Scott,

The MSDN documentation states Windows 7 supports it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd323201(v=vs.85).aspx

Remarks

The International Circuit Card Id of the SIM varies between 15 to 20 digits in length and is represented in characters. 

Requirements

Minimum supported client

Windows 7

Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Hi Tony,

I suggest that you can create a support case to Microsoft to troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards

Scott Xie

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:55 AM
  • The problem is driver related, caused by QCUSBNETPS.SYS

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\QCUSBNETPS.SYS

Company Name:      QUALCOMM Incorporated

File Description:  USB NDIS Miniport Driver

Product Version:   (3.0:1.6)

File Version:      (3.0:1.6)

• Marked as answer by TonyTone Friday, April 12, 2013 4:08 AM
    Friday, February 01, 2013 12:41 PM