none
Admin privilege requirements

Question

• Dear,

Good day,

i'm working in a company with about 2000 emplyees, most of the emplyees are users on their Pcs (user privilege). we have a billing application which require admin privilege to run. acording to our policies and procedures, we can not provide about 500 user with admin privilege to work on this application. so please I need your support to find a solution to run this application in a user mode.

Some information:

The work environment is a domain, and all users have accounts on active directory.

Operating system: WIN XP Sp3

Please your support.

Thanks,

Ray

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi

create a script, a vbs script for ex, which will run the process under admin rights, using

runas

After, encrypt that script

http://www.ehow.com/how_7354039_encrypt-vbs.html

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCTS, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:24 PM
  • hi Ray,

I've had similar issues, what you can also do is to grant full permissions on the registry keys belonging to that application. This usually allows the app to run.

This way you don't have to grant higher privileges to the users, and you also do not have to run the app with alternate credentials as suggested by Romeo.

Another option is to create a software package that would set all the necessary permissions during the install process.

How are you installing the software? SCCM...?

hope this helps,

David :: Please remember to vote if the info helped you :: Please post back so everyone can benefit from the solution

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:11 AM