none
Dual Boot Windows 8 and Linux?

Question

• I have (UEFI System) an ASUS K55A UEFI motherboard laptop that came factory with Windows 8. I would like to install backtrack linux and Windows 8, but before I go screwing up my laptop, I want to see if this would be at all possible. I would use a virtual machine, but I need Backtrack Linux on a physical machine for testing purposes as I am taking a course in computer forensics, and I want to test cracking my home wi-fi. My processor is an Intel Core i5 2.5 ghz with a 500 GB HDD and 8GB DDR3 RAM. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thank You.
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• If I were you, I would purchase a new hard drive  and then use it to install Linux on it.  Then just swap out drives when you wish to use the other operating system.

Carey Frisch

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

You can refer to this article to get detail information.

http://apcmag.com/how-to-dual-boot-windows-8-and-linux.htm

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 26, 2013 7:51 AM
  • If I were you, I would purchase a new hard drive  and then use it to install Linux on it.  Then just swap out drives when you wish to use the other operating system.

Carey Frisch

defeats the purpose dont you think? would you carry around another drive , especially if you are using a tablet pc like the surface pro 2?
    Friday, May 02, 2014 3:49 AM