none
imagex.exe

Question

• Where can I find this file to download....trying to restore from backup done previously in Windows 7 ultimate
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have a Windows 7 DVD or did you create a system repair disc? You can boot from the DVD to the Windows Repair Environment and restore from there. If you don't have a Windows DVD or a system repair disc you can create the system repair disc on another computer running Windows 7. The only caveat is the other computer must be x64 or x86, whichever the image you are trying to restore was made from.

Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:11 PM
  • Hi,

ImageX.exe is included in the Windows® Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK). The Windows AIK is a set of tools and documentation that support the configuration and deployment of Windows® operating systems. Microsoft has released the Windows AIK image disk download link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=696DD665-9F76-4177-A811-39C26D3B3B34&displaylang=en

You may burn it to a disk or open it with a virtual disk and copy the ImageX.exe tool out.

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:38 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help.

Regards,

Arthur Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, July 26, 2010 1:47 AM
  • Hi,

It has been a while since my previous suggestions was posted and I'm writing to find out if you have had an opportunity to test my suggestions yet. If you need my further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Arthur Li

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:30 AM
  • okay mounted that ISO and not seeing a imagex.exe anywhere in there.. :'(

Steve

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:46 PM
  • You can find this imagex.exe in c:\program files\windows aik\tools\x86\imagex.exe

• Edited by Baycomputers Friday, January 24, 2014 4:22 PM because it can ;)
    Friday, January 24, 2014 3:05 PM